How to disassemble DT770?
Aug 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Spooky; I don't know what purpose the cotton ring serve, but probably some dampening? What I do know is that removing the metal pins that held it together fixed my rattle. It looked kind of cheap and badly done, so I removed them and sew the ends together instead. Worked like a charm for me.

Just want to say thanks for saying this; I did the same thing and it seemed to eliminate my rattle. I didn't take the driver all the way out -- I didn't want to mess with the silicone if I didn't have to. But I did thoroughly inspect the black foam piece for any hairs or other debris and cleaned out what little I could find. That, in combination with removing the staples that were in the cotton ring (and sewing it instead) seems to have done the trick.

I was going to send them into the manufacturer (they're still well under warranty), but I figure that I might as well just keep them now that they're working well. I don't really want to be without them for a long time!

One thing I do think is strange is that I do not notice any vibration/rattle whatsoever from the left ear cup, so I didn't alter it at all. The way I see it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it starts rattling, I'll take it apart and do the same thing. Otherwise, why bother?

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 18
Spooky; I don't know what purpose the cotton ring serve, but probably some dampening? What I do know is that removing the metal pins that held it together fixed my rattle. It looked kind of cheap and badly done, so I removed them and sew the ends together instead. Worked like a charm for me.

Freakin' Awesome!! Indeed the problem were those two little metal pins. Man, it's like learning to hear equally balanced again... can't believe how much my mind was self-forced to pay more attention to the then only healthy driver... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Now if I only could get a pair of those gel-style ear-pads...

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #18 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back