How to change HD600 ear pads?
Aug 12, 2008 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pecker

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have looked long and hard for a "How-to", to this question and have failed.

I probably will get flamed for not using search but I have done with many alterations to the search.

Any links or explanations will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mat

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 9
Hey Mat. I have only tried this with HD590 but I had HD600 in my hands and it looks like it works the same way. Just press that "fluffy" part of the earpad inside the "fluffy" circle, with a little pressure, and keep doing that with your fingers moving around the pad. You'll notice that under the "fluffy" part of the pad there is a plastic part that comes out of the driver housing when you make those moves. It's easy. The pad just pops-out of the housing.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks!

I thought the method would be the same to change the fabric membrane as well :S

Do you have to take apart the housing to change that as well?

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 9
just got my HD600's used and the pads are kinda soft and uneven, so i wanna change them. i would prefer leather pads though, does anybody know of leather pads for the 600?

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 9
i have a very old (10 years) pair of HD600's and i'd like to clean the earpads but i can't figure out how they come off.

can someone make a simple diagram in ms paint to show what i need to push where?

thanks

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #9 of 9
u just have to pull the pads off... pull them on one point and theyll com off around that are, now do this on another point or two and theyll be off for sure, very easy...

to put them back on, just push em on to the drivers again on 1-3 random preasure points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back