How To Build One Of The World's Finest Dynamic Headphones (markl Denon AH-D5000 Mods)
Mar 8, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #91 of 811
Hi Dreadhead, glad to be of service. Yes, I have to turn up my headamp *slightly* above and beyond the R10 level or the JVC DX1000 level, but that was true of the stock phone as well. I suspect they are just naturally current hungry buggers.

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #93 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by serviam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a DIY-er. Is there anyone out there who would do the markl mod on the D5000? (for a fee, obviously)

Hehehehe, send me two D5000s and I'll return a modded pair to you. I'll pay the foam, Dynamat Extreme sheets and shipping back to you
wink.gif
Just kidding, of course. Taking apart the precission to make the holes in the pieces for the driver's sides plates, it doesn't seem really difficult, you don't need special tools, no soldering... You just need to follow the excellent Mark's instructions. It'd be way more difficult if you were to calculate every single step and checking it for sonic results.

Regards

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #95 of 811
I want to damp the earcups, The Metal Headphone Assembly and the Rear Of The Driver. But i live in Germany and Xtreme Dynamat / Dynaxorb cost me at least € 45. That´s around 70 Dollars, the same stuff cost the half in the USA.

I have a bitumen pad for my computer. The pad sits on the floor and absorb the vibrations of the computer that stand on it.

I could use this instead of dynamat xtreme / dynaxorb for damping. I only don´t know how flexible and light the damping material has to be. Does anyone, who made the mod or who own Dynamat, if bitumen would be a possible exchange for dynamt/dynaxorb?

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #96 of 811
Quote:

I'm not a DIY-er. Is there anyone out there who would do the markl mod on the D5000? (for a fee, obviously)

Edited to conform to Head-Fi's rules for Members of the Trade, which it appears I now am.

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #97 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a number of requests from people about this, and right now I'm contemplating doing a limited number of them.

However, it is not clear at this time if this makes me a Member of the Trade
rolleyes.gif
, a title which you are apparently saddled with forever, no matter how limited or involved you get with doing things for other Head-Fiers for profit. It also creates implications for me about what I can and can't say on the board (I value my ability to speak freely), and it's also unclear how that would affect the existence of this thread which could then be looked at as a possible "advertisement" for my services, given that I started it, and am touting its virtues.
frown.gif

I'm in the process of trying to sort this out with the staff here, if it isn't against the rules, I'll keep you guys abreast of the situation.

Great. Will stay tuned.

Mar 9, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #98 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattydraddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to damp the earcups, The Metal Headphone Assembly and the Rear Of The Driver. But i live in Germany and Xtreme Dynamat / Dynaxorb cost me at least € 45. That´s around 70 Dollars, the same stuff cost the half in the USA.

I have a bitumen pad for my computer. The pad sits on the floor and absorb the vibrations of the computer that stand on it.

I could use this instead of dynamat xtreme / dynaxorb for damping. I only don´t know how flexible and light the damping material has to be. Does anyone, who made the mod or who own Dynamat, if bitumen would be a possible exchange for dynamt/dynaxorb?

You could think about using Blu-tac. This way you can remove it later if you decide - it's a lot harder (impossible) getting Dynamat off.

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #100 of 811
I just purchased the 5000's, and after I break them in, and make my own determination of whether this can needs a mod in the areas specified, I would be in the market for a mod by it's inventor
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #101 of 811
Whats the alternative to Fiberloft fibrefill? I live in UK and I cant seem to find that product here.

I just wanna do the earpad mod, and I dont see how I can make a long shape of cotton wool....

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back