"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
Jan 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #106 of 200
EarSoft FX. Very comfortable and very high attenuation across the frequency range. £3.99 + shipping for 30 pairs on eBay. I've been using them for years in noisy environments. Now I found out they also fit my phones.

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #107 of 200
Glad to see my thread still useful!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #113 of 200
I am going to try this out later today when I go to the Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a parcel. Can't wait to see to see what my RE252s are truly capable of!

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #115 of 200
Wow, there's actually bass in my RE0s! This is great. I just listened to "London Calling", and I noticed a much bigger soundstage as well. Thanks!

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #118 of 200
I tried this a few days ago, it works pretty well. I put the... um... I forgot what they're called, but anyways, I put the thingies in the freezer for a little while, I then cut them to the right size. Then I took a soldering iron and made the holes, and immediately pulled the shrink tubing through. That way the shrink tube will stick to the... thingies.

Before I did any of that though, I put the shrink tube over a small screw driver that was the same thickness as the "tube" on the earphones, and applied heat.

The seal was great, but unfortunately my left ear started to hurt after an hour or so. I tried the yellow Shure foamies, they feel better in the ear and my ear doesn't hurt even after like 5 hours of use, so that's good.

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #119 of 200
 I tried this once a while back after losing my tips and becoming desperate
the big problem that I found with this method is that after re-using the tips over and over, eventually they accumulate earwax and become stiff/ physically harsh on the ears

Maybe you're using a very different eartip material, cool idea for anyone who runs out of eartips though.

May 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #120 of 200
It's a nice and creative idea... I had already bought some foam earplugs from a drugstore and usually wear them at night for the sake of comfortable sleep (I don't like the sound of my air conditioner)... Why I never think of this?

I had tried it some minutes ago... It gives a good isolation like foam always do (my silicone tips doesn't seal well enough and it's itchy to my skin), though I need to find a perfect balance between warmth and clarity (exposing more portions of IEM's core resulting in brighter sounds)...

It saves my day since I don't know where to bought standalone silicone/foam tips in my town and my stock comply tips which comes with my IEM were started to get dirty :)

Quote:
Isolation is great. Careful if you have dogs at home, my dog eats them in whole.

I had the same sad stories with my old IEM, although the culprit is my cat :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back