"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
Aug 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #151 of 200
Quote:
Oh I see now thanks a lot! How do they fit? The gr07 nozzle is a little bigger so was it hard to get them on? Did u have to make the hole bigger? how does it compare to the stock ear tips (in sq and comfort)?
thanks

Its a personal thing in terms of fit and comfort I believe, but for me they are the best comfort and SQ after trying all the tips (that fit me) in my possession. They don't last that long so I'm having to make one up every couple of weeks but its easy to do and costs almost nothing. The hole I made was tiny, I used the smaller screw driver I could find (the ones to open up watches etc) to poke the hole. It takes about 10 seconds to put on. It takes a bit longer to expand than complys though.

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #154 of 200
It's the neat and clean finger nails

Aug 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #155 of 200
Ok so I put these on my Klispch s4
OMG THE SOUND IS JUST SO ...AAAH ...the detail level is literally twice that of the stock tips or even complys!!!! Oh so much better than complys it makes no sense how they can make a business selling 6 pair for 15 bucks when you can make these yourself!
but I found a risk!!!
I constantly took the tips on and off my headphones and wiggled them around when putting them in and takin gthem off (I wear the klipsch 180 degrees method) and they actually got stuck in both my ear canals! A simple tweezer did the trick but I was quite distressed.
So some words of advice
a) Just use and awl and then try to put it on your iems. Try not to mess with a screwdriver cuz it will widen the whole and you don't want that -- make the fit as tight as possible.
b) Make sure its behind the little ridge on the nozzle.
c) Don't move it around too much when taking it out. Try to take it out carefully making sure you don't twist the tips out.
d) DONT PANIC. if they do get out, you can just pull em out with tweezers or go to the doctor. Ull be fine at the end of the day

Also, my tips are quite shallow and I don't let them enter in the ear that much (sound is  still GREAT and isolation is fantastic) which made it easy for me to use tweezers to pull em out. That may not be the case with some of you so be careful when making the tips.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #156 of 200
Ok so I put these on my Klispch s4
OMG THE SOUND IS JUST SO ...AAAH ...the detail level is literally twice that of the stock tips or even complys!!!! Oh so much better than complys it makes no sense how they can make a business selling 6 pair for 15 bucks when you can make these yourself!
but I found a risk!!!
I constantly took the tips on and off my headphones and wiggled them around when putting them in and takin gthem off (I wear the klipsch 180 degrees method) and they actually got stuck in both my ear canals! A simple tweezer did the trick but I was quite distressed.
So some words of advice
a) Just use and awl and then try to put it on your iems. Try not to mess with a screwdriver cuz it will widen the whole and you don't want that -- make the fit as tight as possible.
b) Make sure its behind the little ridge on the nozzle.
c) Don't move it around too much when taking it out. Try to take it out carefully making sure you don't twist the tips out.
d) DONT PANIC. if they do get out, you can just pull em out with tweezers or go to the doctor. Ull be fine at the end of the day

Also, my tips are quite shallow and I don't let them enter in the ear that much (sound is  still GREAT and isolation is fantastic) which made it easy for me to use tweezers to pull em out. That may not be the case with some of you so be careful when making the tips.

Good to hear. Did you try it out with the GR07s

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #159 of 200
Quote:
How do these do with sweat? Can you run with them?

Good question. These are just like normal foamies or comply tips so they will spoil quickly. Yes, you can run with them. Yes, they will isolate very well (keep noise level down so you can hear the stuff around you ...for your own good while running if you do it outside :)). BUT if you sweat into them often they will soil fairly quickly so you may have to make new ones every two weeks or so if you run a lot.
But you should be fine, as a general rule
Hit me up if u have any questions :)
Nusho

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #161 of 200
These are much much comfortable than my complys and soundmagic olives. :) many times cheaper too! cheers! :) I used an empty ballpen to create a hole and choose a good quality foam:)

Nice. The tip suppliers must be making a mint

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #163 of 200
I think so, fortunately these tips also fits me better than proprietary foamies. :) I spent less than a dollar to make 2 sets of foamies. LOL 

That's great. For me it also is better in every way and even better fit me because the foams I get cone from work so literally free. I've tried 3 brands and although they may look and feel similar, they perform differently. One one of the 3 worked for me souit's a try and see I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back