How to Add a Mic with DT 990 to Astro mixamp while playing on ps3
Oct 5, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
Yes it does affect dynamic range.  The noise floor showing through is just the amp giving off a static hiss in the audio.  Think of it like an HDTV.  If backlighting of the TV makes it so the blacks aren't truly black, it will have a profound effect on the TV's dynamic range.  Same issue goes with the amp's noise floor.  32ohm 990 sounds like a nice option.  A lot of people say the differences between the models are subtle.  Some exaggerate the differences moreso than others it seems.  I've never come across people who say there are considerable differences between them, though.

So that means when proper amping is not given to high ohm headphone it effects their dynamic range ,  but when sufficent amping is given as you are saying in the case of 32 ohm with mix amp it will not effect the dynamic range ,but what about the hiss factor ,can it occur in both the cases and what happens when one gives an amping like if i use Fiio E9 (sufficent for headphone upto 600 ohm )with 250 ohm model now will it still effect the dynamic range .yeah I too realised that it is not possible to achieve the complete perfection after going through this thread the link is her its intersting  http://www.cdmasteringservices.com/dynamicrange.htm.
 and yeah one more thing what do you feel about the new wireless mix amp 5.8 ,I know you are an audiophile, i wanted to know generally are you comfortable with the constant hiss which comes in wireless amp , and is this hiss same as the static hiss in the amp .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back