How many songs do you have in your music library?
Nov 29, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #287 of 615
About 60,000 songs and counting. I'm trying to hit 150,000 songs by next summer.

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #288 of 615
I want all my stuff in lossless if possible
(did i mention i examine all my music files spectrographs, yes lossy materials are on original cds, people just care about making quick bucks so they dont try to get the original recording , they just master stuff in lossy format and make it loud)
but sometimes i cant get all my stuff in lossless because: for example i want this rap or pop song, but the album version is very explicit . so i have these options:
1) get it from itunes and amazon(lossy)
2)look for a compilation album that you know is kid friendly..like "now thats what i call music"(compilation albums usually have lossless/ lossy mixed into them)
3)see if they sell digital single at bandcamp or the artiste's original site
4)buy a promo album for the track [from http://www.discogs.com/(largest site to buy cd  and vinyl )] (but the price for the album plus shipping would be too much considering i need more clean version songs , meaning i have to buy album after album and pay shipping)

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #289 of 615
Quote:
I want all my stuff in lossless if possible
(did i mention i examine all my music files spectrographs, yes lossy materials are on original cds, people just care about making quick bucks so they dont try to get the original recording , they just master stuff in lossy format and make it loud)
but sometimes i cant get all my stuff in lossless because: for example i want this rap or pop song, but the album version is very explicit . so i have these options:
1) get it from itunes and amazon(lossy)
2)look for a compilation album that you know is kid friendly..like "now thats what i call music"(compilation albums usually have lossless/ lossy mixed into them)
3)see if they sell digital single at bandcamp or the artiste's original site
4)buy a promo album for the track [from http://www.discogs.com/(largest site to buy cd  and vinyl )] (but the price for the album plus shipping would be too much considering i need more clean version songs , meaning i have to buy album after album and pay shipping)

Uhh.. why clean? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #290 of 615
Quote:
Uhh.. why clean? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Well not really , some songs are very dirty and actually sound better clean(not clean as beep the word but replace certain words with others so it sound normal) 
for example compare:
 (dirty version)
and
(clean version)
this dirty version does sound better (the edit make the sound sound horrible)
also , it would be more presentable , meaning even a kids should be able to listen to your songs
now compare these
 (dirty)
and
(clean)
the edit version here is more acceptable (doesnt alter it much , that it sound different from the original)

a final example would be: take the pop sound James blunt - "your beautiful" 
(Dirty version)
in the original version there is on part where he said"you can see from my face  that is was screw*g high"
now for some people it would be acceptable or they would like it , but to me its a love song and the cursing didnt fit it(but other may disagree)
the edited version replaces the the bad word with "you can see from my face that i was FLYING high" which i more acceptable

Bonus clip 
tongue_smile.gif
 :

This is the latest song im trying to get a promo cd for (you can listen to see why) 
cool.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #293 of 615
For those of you who updated to iTunes 11, how do you check how many songs you have?

I know how many songs I have on my iPod/iPhone, but I have 96/24 Files in iTunes that I can't sync to my iDevices, and I want to know what my complete song total is.

I was able to check in iTunes 10, but with the new update, I don't know how...

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #300 of 615
almost 50k mp3's across all genres. What's considered to be not newbie & what are some of the biggest numbers that come up a lot. I'm not talking about the guy who has 30Terabytes but on average what is considered a huge collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back