How many songs do you have in your music library?
Nov 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #271 of 615
786gb

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #272 of 615
Quote:
You're much more critical than I am these days. I think since I had so much disk space I just got trigger happy lol. Kinda running low these days. Will have to get a couple more 2 terabyte drives :p.

Have you figured out how to strap those terabyte drives to the DX? 
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #275 of 615
  Current status of my collection. 95% lossless.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #276 of 615
Quote:
  Current status of my collection. 95% lossless.

^ Brunk, what genres do you listen to? I always wonder this for people who has >1TB of music. I would guess most of them listen to more than two genres......

Here is my last.fm profile  http://www.last.fm/user/zzffnn   I have > 2.5TB of music from genres of New Age, Vocal, Instrumental/Acoustics, World, Chillout/Downtempo, Bluegrass, Rock, Jazz and Classical.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #278 of 615
Quote:

^ Brunk, what genres do you listen to? I always wonder this for people who has >1TB of music. I would guess most of them listen to more than two genres......

Here is my last.fm profile  http://www.last.fm/user/zzffnn   I have > 2.5TB of music from genres of New Age, Vocal, Instrumental/Acoustics, World, Chillout/Downtempo, Bluegrass, Rock, Jazz and Classical.

Hey,

I am very eclectic. I listen to classical/orchestral, jazz, indie, folk, rock, classic rock, alternative, instrumental/vocal and several types of electronic. Indie Rock is my current favorite genre (rock in general is my overall fav), but I have massive amounts of live rock/jazz recordings from 1950-2000 that i really enjoy listening to through my insanely detailed and forward sounding (not laid back/sleepy) setup, but still has natural tone. Live recordings of Dream Theater, Jimi Hendrix, The Prodigy, Louis Armstrong and Adele etc. have been breath taking.

I also have the occasional Pop, Hip Hop, and Country. No genre is excluded.

The T1 and Mjolnir have an incredible synergy of impact and PRaT that no other dynamic setup I've heard comes close to. I like orthos, but I'm not the guy that can justify several top end headphones, so I stick with the best all-rounder out there.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #279 of 615
Nov 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #281 of 615
Quote:
Brunk, 
beerchug.gif
  Dream Theater sounds amazing on Beyer T1s and LCD-2s!   T1s sound excellent with classical/orchestral music as well (esp. on tubes), more so than LCD-2s.

Yeah, Dream Theater is awesome. I listen to alot of classical as well, but my amp does lack some depth (the width is amazing though, especially for organ) for the large orchestral works. However, Violins, Pianos and my favorite, the Cello are bliss through the T1 and Mjolnir, which give a total organic tone (like tubes) with the blackest background that only the most expensive tube amps can provide.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #282 of 615
I have about 44,000 songs and in most genres except rap.  iTunes had to be assassinated by Foobar2000!

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #283 of 615
Quote:
I'm constantly deleting music. Can't stand a cluttered collection

I can't bring myself to delete any of  mine. There's some of it I never listen to, but who knows, I might want to someday, right?

At this point, I have 15,614 songs, in lossy form ( 132.1 GB) .....some of which I have archived in lossless, some I don't.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #284 of 615
Quote:
I can't bring myself to delete any of  mine. There's some of it I never listen to, but who knows, I might want to someday, right?

At this point, I have 15,614 songs, in lossy form ( 132.1 GB) .....some of which I have archived in lossless, some I don't.

When you get up at 30k songs... It gets easier to let go :) You just get tired of it taking too damn long to pick something to listen to.. Scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #285 of 615
35.4Gb's, 6,734 files . Most of it is 320KBPS or greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back