How many songs do you have in your music library?
Nov 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #242 of 615
I've got wayyy less than most people in this thread, 982. It's made up of a lot of electro/house/rock/rap. I don't understand how some people can have so much music, I couldn't possibly enjoy all of that music. My musical tastes arwe limited as they without throwing in a few thousand other songs.

Each to their own!

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #243 of 615
Quote:
I've got wayyy less than most people in this thread, 982. It's made up of a lot of electro/house/rock/rap. I don't understand how some people can have so much music, I couldn't possibly enjoy all of that music. My musical tastes arwe limited as they without throwing in a few thousand other songs.

Each to their own!

Always good to have variety. Yes to each his own.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #244 of 615
Quote:
Always good to have variety. Yes to each his own.

Very true! I don't mean any offence to those who have lots of songs but I couldn't ever listen to that much. 
beyersmile.png

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #246 of 615
Yeah, I mean.. for a good two years, music was my life. I'm tapering off a bit now and shifting my focus onto art, photography and other things (like finding a job) now that I'm trying to get my bipolar disorder in check. But, before all my days were completely dysfunctional and based almost entirely around what album I was going to listen to next. Nowadays I find it too hard to sit down if I'm manic, or I'm too depressed and disinterested with life to care about music. 

TL;DR

Life is crazy and stuff.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #247 of 615
I have about 2000 (.flac) tracks, consuming about 50GB on a NAS running Windows Home Server.  These I play with jRiver Media Center.  However, I use MOG to a much greater extent.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #251 of 615
Quote:

Each to their own!

It's easy to get up to 20,000 or so tracks when you listen to music 4+ hours daily (at the very least as background music even if you aren't 100% attentive to it), and have been doing so for over 10+ years. You find a new band every couple of weeks, revisit old tastes, etc. When you realize you really like a specific genre you go and do a ton of research and pick up 2 dozen "essential" albums of that genre in a single night and focus on them exclusively for the next fortnight until your interest moves to another genre or thing in music.   

982 is good; if you are adventurous it will get much bigger given time. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #252 of 615
Quote:

Each to their own!

it's not just about listening...collecting is certainly an obsession with some (like myself).  i have albums i've probably never listened to beyond a track or 2 but i could never subtract from the collection...cheap large scale digital storage has not helped the situation either

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #253 of 615
Quote:
it's not just about listening...collecting is certainly an obsession with some (like myself).  i have albums i've probably never listened to beyond a track or 2 but i could never subtract from the collection...cheap large scale digital storage has not helped the situation either

I'm constantly deleting music. Can't stand a cluttered collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back