How many songs do you have in your music library?
Dec 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #316 of 615
Quote:
I wouldn't say it is bad. It's a great player in terms of organization and has developed better sound quality with every release. Of course, placebo is a thing to consider here.

destroysall.

I do NOT suggest buying music through iTunes, that's what I was getting at.

But, I don't like using it as a music player either. I don't really care for anything with an i in front of the name when it comes to music playback.. Which is a real shame, because those aforementioned i products have great software for creating music. It's kinda frustrating and everything is a compromise it seems.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #319 of 615
iTunes is 256kbps AAC, I've compared against flac and heard no difference. iTunes is also very convenient, so I'm cool with it.
Quote:
CD good, iTunes bad

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #321 of 615
Quote:
I do NOT suggest buying music through iTunes, that's what I was getting at.

But, I don't like using it as a music player either. I don't really care for anything with an i in front of the name when it comes to music playback.. Which is a real shame, because those aforementioned i products have great software for creating music. It's kinda frustrating and everything is a compromise it seems.

Quote:
ah, 256kbps isn't too bad at all.

I can understand that. My apologies for misunderstanding that. I don't normally buy from iTunes myself.  I only do when I know I can not obtain the CD, which is usually the case with foreign music. 
triportsad.gif

destroysall.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #323 of 615
Dec 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #326 of 615
That's what I thought. 256kbps AAC is very good, and iTunes is very convenient. Most of the music I like isn't available to purchase anywhere locally, so my options are to buy the physical copy (CD) online and wait days, maybe even weeks for it to arrive and then rip it onto my computer in 256kbps AAC anyway, or just buy and download instantly from iTunes. I'm not interested in flac, I've compared flac to 256 AAC and 320 MP3 and could not tell a difference.   
Quote:
k. Officially nothing wrong with buying from iTunes then.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #327 of 615
Quote:
That's what I thought. 256kbps AAC is very good, and iTunes is very convenient. Most of the music I like isn't available to purchase anywhere locally, so my options are to buy the physical copy (CD) online and wait days, maybe even weeks for it to arrive and then rip it onto my computer in 256kbps AAC anyway, or just buy and download instantly from iTunes. I'm not interested in flac, I've compared flac to 256 AAC and 320 MP3 and could not tell a difference.   

I'll still buy CDs just for physical copies, but iTunes is the go to for digital.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #328 of 615
Quote:

I can understand that. My apologies for misunderstanding that. I don't normally buy from iTunes myself.  I only do when I know I can not obtain the CD, which is usually the case with foreign music. 
triportsad.gif

destroysall.

>can't obtain CD
>implying itunes is only other option

bitches don't know bout my #########

Users who are viewing this thread

Back