How many songs do you have in your music library?
Apr 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #17 of 615
A measly 1607 right now... Predominantly FLAC CD rips, but I keep V0 copies of all the FLAC's to put on the iPod. I'd say the majority of my expendable cash right now is going to be going towards building up my library.

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #18 of 615

Quote:
Open foobar2000 -> ctrl+a -> Items Selected: 46201

Never cared for genre, just some anime or perhaps somehow related stuffs that I happened to come over and like..

I like anime theme songs too. the ones from Rurouni Kenshin (openings and closings) are classics 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 615

Quote:
i have almost a terabyte of music spread across most any genre you can imagine, i would probably have 3tb by now if it wasnt for my habit of completely eradicating my entire collection by some preventable accident or just sheer stupidity :frowning2:

so so soooooo many lost and rare recordings i will probably never ever see again :frowning2:

Interesting i also lost my music collection twice because of windows OS failures , i nearly gave up collecting songs but here i am again 
L3000.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #21 of 615
Always back up your music collection!
I use free filesync.  My iTunes is always perfectly imaged on a backup. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #22 of 615
7,821 lossless tracks and growing. 99% ripped from CDs/DVDs that I own. The other >1% is stuff from HD tracks.
Everything gets backed up to a time capsule.

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #23 of 615
Just under 13000 after deleting some doubles. 

40% or so ripped from CDs, 58% Downloads, 2% HD Tracks. Roughly. Math is stupid anyway.

Planning on following in obzilla's footsteps (once again) and getting a Time Capsule since my home seems to be converting to Mac.

EDIT: All CD rips and ~half of the DLs are lossless. CDs are ripped in AIFF the rest is in ALAC.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #24 of 615

Quote:
Planning on following in obzilla's footsteps (once again) and getting a Time Capsule since my home seems to be converting to Mac.

Don't worry. It's not like I was the first one to think of it. 
cool.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #25 of 615
True...But since I blame you it's obviously your fault.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't worry. It's not like I was the first one to think of it. 
cool.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #26 of 615

Quote:

Interesting i also lost my music collection twice becuase of windows OS failures , i nearly gave up collecting songs but here i am again 
L3000.gif

lol yeah man i feel your pain, this is routine for me, every single time it happens i tell myself im done with music forever, im going to become a hermit or something and just play videogames whenever i need some form of entertainment....it never lasts

since maybe 01 or 02, almost like clockwork within 2 years time of starting i'll destroy my music by accident and feel like i died inside lol the ones that came from my own personal collection are the easiest to replace obviously, but the ones from really rare recordings, local stuff, early band demo's, hip hop mixtapes from dj's that no ones ever heard of and just stuff i just stumbled on from some shady site overseas with tracks with no names from artists no ones ever heard of, those are the ones that get to me, last time i lost my music it was aroudn 600 gigs due to me accidentally wiping out my partition tables

the music was still on the drive technically but it was physically impossible to get to it, i took it to a guy who could have restored it piece by piece but he was going to charge me almost 2 grand lol the sad part is i almost entertained that idea at that price, ended up passing and restarting and now my collection is stronger than ever....still lost the rare stuff to the abyss tho :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #27 of 615
I have nearly 10,000 songs in Foobar. I would say 80-85% of those are hip-hop/rap. Soundtrack of my teenage years. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #28 of 615

Quote:

lol yeah man i feel your pain, this is routine for me, every single time it happens i tell myself im done with music forever, im going to become a hermit or something and just play videogames whenever i need some form of entertainment....it never lasts

since maybe 01 or 02, almost like clockwork within 2 years time of starting i'll destroy my music by accident and feel like i died inside lol the ones that came from my own personal collection are the easiest to replace obviously, but the ones from really rare recordings, local stuff, early band demo's, hip hop mixtapes from dj's that no ones ever heard of and just stuff i just stumbled on from some shady site overseas with tracks with no names from artists no ones ever heard of, those are the ones that get to me, last time i lost my music it was aroudn 600 gigs due to me accidentally wiping out my partition tables

the music was still on the drive technically but it was physically impossible to get to it, i took it to a guy who could have restored it piece by piece but he was going to charge me almost 2 grand lol the sad part is i almost entertained that idea at that price, ended up passing and restarting and now my collection is stronger than ever....still lost the rare stuff to the abyss tho :frowning2:

Man !!! thats alot and your case similar to mine because some of the song i lost are haaaaard to find ,for example one of the song i wanted cant be googled it because its in spanish and i cant write spanish (fail). another thing i backed up my music about an hour ago 
beerchug.gif
 via windows media player but i see 1140 songs in the playlist and after i backed them up on the dvds(3) and counted the amount on it i got 1133 so i dont know where the other 7 are probably some song are on the list but i removed the song from the pc but the name is still on the list and needs to be removed. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #30 of 615

Quote:
i have almost a terabyte of music spread across most any genre you can imagine, i would probably have 3tb by now if it wasnt for my habit of completely eradicating my entire collection by some preventable accident or just sheer stupidity :frowning2:

so so soooooo many lost and rare recordings i will probably never ever see again :frowning2:

I was almost a victim of this. I was an idiot and figured I'd save some money and time and not back up my Lossless collection. Boy was I in for a big surprise. The Green Caviar drives are known to park every 8 seconds. Basically this feature destroyed my drive and made it fail in less than a year. I was very lucky to bring the drive back to life with R-Studio where I was at least able to detect the drive. Then it was a major task of getting the drive to show my files and randomly get it to copy files over. It took about 48 hours of attempts to recover about 700+ GBs of my data. After which I backed it up immediately. I'm never gonna go through this bs again lol. I also made sure to turn off parking by accessing the replacement hard drive firmware and turning parking off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back