How many songs do you have in your music library?
Apr 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #31 of 615
I have close to 15,000 at this stage but my collection is rapidly expanding. Most are mp3's, too many are low quality but I'm trying to make most of the new stuff 320kbps or flac.

That reminds me, I need to get a new hdd!

Cheers,

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #33 of 615
lol yea after a certain point you learn from your mistakes, i have hd's of various sizes spread all throughout my house, i back up my music like every 5 months or so, most of the music i've been downloading or ripping lately has been lossless and 24/96 vinyl rips but i havent gotten around to backing those up, thats maybe close to 150 gigs right now, more probably, lol i dont think i'd care that much tho, because even tho its alot size wise, realistically its only like 40 or 50 albums, i can get those back without too much hassle....the rare stuff is where it hurts :frowning2:
Quote:

I was almost a victim of this. I was an idiot and figured I'd save some money and time and not back up my Lossless collection. Boy was I in for a big surprise. The Green Caviar drives are known to park every 8 seconds. Basically this feature destroyed my drive and made it fail in less than a year. I was very lucky to bring the drive back to life with R-Studio where I was at least able to detect the drive. Then it was a major task of getting the drive to show my files and randomly get it to copy files over. It took about 48 hours of attempts to recover about 700+ GBs of my data. After which I backed it up immediately. I'm never gonna go through this bs again lol. I also made sure to turn off parking by accessing the replacement hard drive firmware and turning parking off.

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #35 of 615
Around 5,000-10,000 songs give or take. Just giving a rough estimate since my songs are all over the place (on different computers) and there's quite a bit of duplication.

Quote:
I like anime theme songs too. the ones from Rurouni Kenshin (openings and closings) are classics 
smily_headphones1.gif

Love the RK opening and ending themes, too. I like a lot of the Bleach opening/ending themes, too. Curious, though, do you have the RK CDs? I have the Best Theme Collection CD and the tracks sound a bit compressed to me. Unfortunately, I misplaced my Premium Collection CDs while moving and at that time, HDD was still expensive (only had 20GB) so I didn't have FLAC back-ups.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #36 of 615
I have 7 songs till 7,777. According to itunes it is 21.6 days of music and just over 30 GB. All of it is in 192-320 kbps. About 97% of it is off of old cd's and "helped" from family members.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #41 of 615

Quote:
Around 5,000-10,000 songs give or take. Just giving a rough estimate since my songs are all over the place (on different computers) and there's quite a bit of duplication.

Love the RK opening and ending themes, too. I like a lot of the Bleach opening/ending themes, too. Curious, though, do you have the RK CDs? I have the Best Theme Collection CD and the tracks sound a bit compressed to me. Unfortunately, I misplaced my Premium Collection CDs while moving and at that time, HDD was still expensive (only had 20GB) so I didn't have FLAC back-ups.

Yea i have all kenshin opening and closing themes and some naruto ones too
i like this song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back