How many sets of FULL SIZE headphones do you currently own?
Mar 8, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #62 of 153
K601
HD280 Pro
M30
Hd201

Only the top one really gets use...

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #63 of 153
So would anyone be interested in a wooden headphone stand for your table/desk that would hold 3 to 4 full sized headphones for around $25? I'm still tweaking my design to accommodate the number of headphones based on the result of the poll attached to this thread. The design is one that is simple but function, has a curved top surface similar to most all headphone bands, and has a front and rear piece to stop your set(s) of headphones from slipping front or rear.

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #64 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ze_Blitzkrieg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would anyone be interested in a wooden headphone stand for your table/desk that would hold 3 to 4 full sized headphones for around $25? I'm still tweaking my design to accommodate the number of headphones based on the result of the poll attached to this thread. The design is one that is simple but function, has a curved top surface similar to most all headphone bands, and has a front and rear piece to stop your set(s) of headphones from slipping front or rear.

Very interested
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #65 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interested
biggrin.gif

Haha, well it's good to hear at least someone is interested that quickly, lol. Like I said I'm still finishing the design and am going to obviously make a couple first and see how they turn out and also to gage a price for them. The $25 price range is my goal. . .I mean its not like its going to be a center piece of your room by any means, but nice stained and maybe lacquered for a nice finish. Just have to see how the first couple turn out I guess, lol. Was thinking of two versions, one to hold 1-2 pairs and one to hold 4ish pairs. Mainly so that way people (like myself) who only want to hang one maybe two pairs up on it wont have a lot of wasted space on it to make them look "odd" or anything, haha.

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #69 of 153
Yes, well over four; only two get regular use, the 325is and the HE-5s. Pretty much the same story with my IEMs, as I am only able to listen to one pair at a time; I just haven't settled on my faves yet in the portable arena as my source, amp, and customs are all "in flux" at the moment
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #70 of 153
Moved to original post as an update.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #71 of 153
Five... but I plan on getting 5 or 6 more while keeping my existing.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #72 of 153
Just one at the moment but that will be changing very soon.

Btw that stand doesn't look too bad. Nice job. I'll be interested to see how your final design turns out.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #73 of 153
3 pairs:
Technics PR DH-1200
Grado 325is
Sennheiser HDR 45 (they were a gift I swear)

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #74 of 153
Nice hp stand. Yeah if the front and rear pieces were arched and the base was smaller and everything coated (?) and lacquered, it would look very nice.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #75 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice hp stand. Yeah if the front and rear pieces were arched and the base was smaller and everything coated (?) and lacquered, it would look very nice.

You read my mind. . .stained and lacquered yes. . .was planning on a darker stain more than likely. I'll be buying more wood tomorrow and working on a more "polished" product. Also planning on having the screws and seams covered possibly. We shall see. . .I'll keep my other thread specifically about the stand updated with any updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back