How many Push-Ups can you do? (Pic of the most perfectly developed man ever inside!)
Oct 10, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #46 of 81
Last Army PT test I took I did 70 in two minutes. BTW I'm a girl. Some of you guys really need to get off the computer and hit the gym. The stats I'm seeing from some of you are pretty.... well weak.

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #47 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stats I'm seeing from some of you are pretty.... well weak.

Oh well, you can't be good at everything
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #51 of 81
Quote:

The stats I'm seeing from some of you are pretty.... well weak.

Eh, what do you expect from a bunch of civilian geeks on a headphone forum?
icon10.gif

Considering I was once one of the smallest, weakest, most sickly asian kids EVER, my current strength is an admirable improvement. And I'm getting stronger and faster every week.

Oct 11, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #53 of 81
Quote:

Last Army PT test I took I did 70 in two minutes. BTW I'm a girl. Some of you guys really need to get off the computer and hit the gym. The stats I'm seeing from some of you are pretty.... well weak.

Let's see....if I remember correctly from when I was in the Army in the mid-80s, the girl pushups were very much different than the men's. The girls were able to do pushups with their knees on the ground and their ankles crossed. If they're still doing them the same way, then 70 is nothing. If you're doing true military style pushups...no knees on the ground and going down until your triceps, elbows, and back are on the same plane...and you did 70, then you got bigger balls than most of the guys I went thru basic with at Tank Hill, Fort Jackson, SC. No offense of course...
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #54 of 81
I generally do 3x 20 push ups when I feel compelled to do them. I've never had much upper body strength.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #56 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in a row I can do probably 55-65, one career path i am considering is the military, i would try to be an army ranger

You're ok.
Doesn't matter how skinny or bulky you are, don't worry about pushups.
You will able to do as much pushups as they ask you do, once you got there. They will make you do it. I knew this. LOL.

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #57 of 81
Quote:

i did... I weighed 138, could bench 150 and seated chest press 200. My pecs were huge compared to my friends, and I could still only do 30-40 pushups in a row..

but I can do 15 one handed pushups in a row. Most of the people i know can't even do one!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #58 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, go to a park...they're everywhere. Just remember to go when the kids leave, pullups leave you very vulnerable to kancho attacks.

Oh, I know where the parks are, but it's terribly inconvenient. I live next to a park, but the ones with bars are pretty as far away form my house as one can get. I do run by a set but at that point I'm too focus and too tired to try. I have searched the Sport Center for anything resembling a pullup bar but there aren't any. It's... illogical.. As for kancho's, thankfully that old trick has warn out and they're onto newer teachers. Knowing several ways to say "stop" harshly also helped. I do dumb bell rows. Any more suggestions?

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #60 of 81
about 70 a min back in 7th grade... not sure about now.

EDIT: snap... just did about 75 in a min, i did use to play 3 hours of basketball and run a mile 3~4 times a week and some mountain biking to stay fit in undergrad... not so much anymore since med school.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back