How many Push-Ups can you do? (Pic of the most perfectly developed man ever inside!)
Oct 10, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #16 of 81
In a row...hmm, maybe 35. Last year when I worked out more regularly it would have been closer to 60 maybe...I was never good at push ups or chin ups (they're horrible...)

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #18 of 81
I can do about 60 in a minute without breaks.

In 5 minutes I don't know.

I run a lot near the house, try to stay fairly lean.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #20 of 81
i can do about 30 in one short session.

never know how people do multiples of that!
plainface.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #21 of 81
I can do lots of pushups; normally I'm around 120 a day. (4x25 of normal, plus 2x10 of the more esoteric types.) How I wish I had somewhere to do pullups. Supposely as a last resort one can use an open door. But I don't trust the flimsy wooden Japanese doors in my house. Nor are the walls all that sturdy. Lastly, my house has many sliding doors, whose frames will never work with any sort of apparatus. I've taken it as a sign from God he doesn't want me to do pull ups.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #23 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do lots of pushups; normally I'm around 120 a day. (4x25 of normal, plus 2x10 of the more esoteric types.) How I wish I had somewhere to do pullups. Supposely as a last resort one can use an open door. But I don't trust the flimsy wooden Japanese doors in my house. Nor are the walls all that sturdy. Lastly, my house has many sliding doors, whose frames will never work with any sort of apparatus. I've taken it as a sign from God he doesn't want me to do pull ups.

lol, go to a park...they're everywhere. Just remember to go when the kids leave, pullups leave you very vulnerable to kancho attacks.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #24 of 81
I do 20 pyramid sets of 50 regular push ups, wide push ups, tricep push ups on both a level and varying incline platform with a backpack weighing 20% of my total weight and a 15 pound weight belt with only a 20 second break between sets. I do this routine about three days every single week too.

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #28 of 81
Just for regular exercise I do about 30. If I wanted to I suppose could do 50 in one go. I've been doing the "plank" lately. On floor, up on elbows, straight body holding for 60 seconds. I wonder how those hold, strain to failure exercises compare to movement ones like pushups for fitness.

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #30 of 81
for my army PT test
i do about 70-75 push ups in two mins with no breaks
I do about 75-80 sit-ups in two mins
and i run about a 14:3ish two mile
and for my days off i ride my bike about 10miles in about 50ish mins in the hardest gear posse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back