How many Push-Ups can you do? (Pic of the most perfectly developed man ever inside!)
Oct 10, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #31 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by lord_tris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and for my days off i ride my bike about 10miles in about 50ish mins in the hardest gear posse

How are your knees? Apparently this is the single biggest cause of knee injuries in cyclists - pushing too high gears

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #32 of 81
I used to take bets that I can do between two and three hundred push-ups in five minutes without even breaking a sweat.
I always won.
I still can, but now I sweat a little.
blink.gif
icon10.gif

Luckily it takes only three push-ups to win that bet.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #35 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by lord_tris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for my army PT test
i do about 70-75 push ups in two mins with no breaks
I do about 75-80 sit-ups in two mins
and i run about a 14:3ish two mile
and for my days off i ride my bike about 10miles in about 50ish mins in the hardest gear posse

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are your knees? Apparently this is the single biggest cause of knee injuries in cyclists - pushing too high gears

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I used to do a lot of miles, and the most important thing is not the gear you push, but the cadence. If you can maintain 90-100 rpm, you should be OK. If you're much below 90, the gear is too big. I know that riding off-road is tough on my knees, mainly because of the low rpm climbing. On the road, where I can keep a good cadence, my knees are fine.

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #36 of 81
Damn I need to start working out again!

As far as perfect builds go I think Ryan Reynolds (Amityville remake, Waiting, Van Wilder) is about the size I'd want to be... muscular, very toned but not trying to hulk out or anything.

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #37 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My knees are fine its my rib that hurt this morning and i was just on flat land anyway. (broke my rib about 7weeks ago)

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #38 of 81
Poeh, like 5, if I push myself to the limit that means...
I do a lot of weightlifting though...like glasses of wine lifting towards my mouth. Don't take this lightly, after a while you can really feel it working
wink.gif
But on a serious sidenote, it wouldn't be bad if I would start doing stuff like that. I run a lot of stairs each day but that's about it for me.
Oh and don't know about you guys, but when I look at that pic from Arnold, it always makes me wonder what on earth is hanging in the middle..misproportioned...

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #40 of 81
I do pushups on my knuckles (Systema training), usually between 60 and 70 with no breaks. On a bad day, it would be around 50 (I remember because I did 49 on the beach a few weeks ago and fell, but that was after swimming).

My favorite exercise (which I start every workout with) starts by standing minutes on the knuckles in a pushup position for 5 minutes. Then 5 slow pushups - 30 seconds on the way down, 30 seconds on the way up. After that, I try to do about 30 pushups which is usually very hard by the end as the body is already very tired from the strain. Lots of fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #42 of 81
I can put in about 20-25 in 1 minute without breaks, and if I'm having a good day, 100-120 in 5 minutes sans break. I had a 5th grade teacher who used to be a volunteer fireman and instead of giving us detentions or warnings or time-outs, we got push-ups-->the more severe your punishment was meant to be, the more push-ups. Sometimes, he doled out push-ups just because he felt like it, but after 3 months in class, you got used to them and knew the difference. I think I ended up doing well over 3000 push-ups that year, and I was one of the better behaved kids.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #43 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do about a 100 in one time. So I figured that that was quite a lot so I searched for the world record a few years back. Let's just say that I won't ever be able to break it.

World Record Push-up.

one of the holders of a lot of the records on there, Doug Pruden, is a local guy. He goes around on the street collecting money for doing pushups..

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #44 of 81
I was at Adam's casa the other day. We were just pal'n 'round, and he busted out 200, with his feet on a stack of dictionaries, in five minutes. Mr. California is a legend in my mind. Said demonstration did nothing to refute that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back