How many of you play an instrument?
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #62 of 99
I've been playing guitar somewhat on and off for 8 years. I was in a band for a while in high school, but that ended when I went away for college. I slowed down a lot when I was in college, but since I graduated I've picked it up again. My first guitar was a black Squier Bullet strat, but in October I picked up a beautiful red ESP Ltd. Viper-50.

Hopefully an actual photo of my guitar will attach...otherwise it looks like this:
557613.jpg

I mainly use my DigiTech RP-150 effects processor and DigiTech Metal Master distortion pedal with it. It's amazing how much better my playing sounds now that I've got a nice new guitar and some decent equipment.

Other than that, I played saxophone for 3 years in middle school, but had to give that up because my high school didn't have a band. Pretty lame.

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #66 of 99
ive been playing bass for i guess u can say for 3 years, but im very very lazy and only play about once a week for a few hours. after 3 years of playing, i think i got down all the basics and now im trying to get into the i guess u would call it the intermediate level lol. i know...3 years..haha.

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #70 of 99
Guitar. I try to practice every day (for a little under an hour), with odd exceptions. I've been playing for... Um... A few years; Maybe 4, I think.

First guitar was an Ibanez Gio (still keep around)

But my current axe is the Ibanez RG370DX with Floyd Rose Tremolo (in the shop being setup for heavier strings, truss rod et al); I'll be upgrading the pickups soon (to EMG -81 and -60 at the bridge and neck, respectively.)

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #71 of 99
That's a beautiful guitar, MetalGeek.

I've played drums most of my life. Mine are DW with azure blue stain and chrome hardware.

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #73 of 99
I started playing clarinet a nine. Went on to the bass clarinet (my favorite) a few years later, then picked up the alto and contralto clarinets, tenor sax, bassoon, tuba/sousaphone, and a little trombone. I played in various school bands, marching bands, a community orchestra, and a bit in a school jazz band. I still have a bass clarinet and two clarinets around, but really want a ratty old sousaphone to play now and then. Lately, I've been thinking about something stringed, but not a guitar. They're too common.
smily_headphones1.gif
The dulcimer looks interesting, though. Or maybe give percussion a shot with the vibes. I love the sound.

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #75 of 99
I play everything!

Well, not everything and not everything too well, but I'm trying. Things I'm playing quite well are: Electric and acoustic guitar, bass, mandolin and ukulele. (and kazoo of course but since that doesn't really require skill I might as well leave it out)

Things I'm playing decent are: Drums, djembe, conga, bongo, organ and accordion.

Things I'm fairly awful at due to lack of practice are: Didgeridoo, harmonica, several flutes, violin, cello and piano.

I would like to be able to play any of those instruments really well, because I can't play any of them like John Petrucci can play guitar or Mike Mangini can play drums. I'm afraid I simply lack the talent for such things.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back