How many of you play an instrument?
Mar 7, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #76 of 99
I've been playing alto saxophone for 5 years, I used to take piano lessons from Kindergarten till 4th grade, umm I can sorta play the guitar. (not really though
biggrin.gif
)
I would love to play the didgeridoo!

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #79 of 99
I played String Bass through high school and college and got my undergraduate performance degree in Tuba, of all things. I've had the opportunity to teach and direct private lessons and brass groups off and on over the past several years. Always fun working with High School and College kids--wish I could find time to do it more often.
normal_smile .gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #80 of 99
I started playing guitar about 4 years ago. I don't have any interest beyond recreationally playing it. If I ever get serious about playing any instrument it will be the mandolin.

For a short time I had a really nice mando that a friend was letting me play around with, but after about 4 months he took it back. Someday I'll purchase a nice one for myself. Someday!

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #82 of 99
Guitar for about 9 years now. I have a good grounding in it, both theoretically and physical playing, but I need to learn and practice more in both realms.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #83 of 99
Piano 11 Years, a break in College and starting to get back into it!

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #84 of 99
I play with my fleshflute but my soloist won't perform any more. I married her and she don't feel compelled after 25 years.

Oh come on. A little levity to break up the world band here.

I've tinkered with a harmonica since my military days. Have it in my car for long drives. Love playing with the blues.

I do admire you all though. I've always wanted to learn to play piano but never took the time or made the investment. Maybe I could rip a mean cowbell!

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #85 of 99
Acoustic guitar for just under 2 years. Electric bass for about a year and a half. Drums (electronic) for about a month. Loving every minute of all 3. So far I've only been covering some favorite songs; my goal is to eventually write a dozen or so of my own (guitar, bass, drums, vocals) and get it onto a CD. It's become my #1 hobby.

Also want to learn harmonica, and get out the dusty keyboard I used to play in 4th grade. Would like to learn any string or percussion instrument I can get my hands on. Woodwind and brass isn't quite my cup of tea.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #86 of 99
I've played piano for 8 years. Haven't played it in awhile, have urges sometimes to want to play but I do not own a piano or a keyboard at the moment.

Played clarinet for 3 years, but stopped. Didn't enjoy it enough to continue.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #87 of 99
I started playing electric bass when I was about 13, but over the last few years I've moved around too much to keep them with me. I can still manage okay on 4/5 string, fretted and fretless. Unfortunately I think it's been too long since I played an upright bass or an acoustic. I Can manage to play simple riffs on guitars though.

I used to play jazz and blues. Now, when I get the chance, it's mainly hardcore punk.

Most fun ever playing music: MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" bassline on an electric cello, finger style (I can't use a bow) through a distortion pedal into a Laney Guitar head and cab. I have got to get me an electric cello one day...

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #90 of 99
comicbanjo.jpg

Being serious now (because I'm sure somebody will report my post otherwise), I've played the piano since I was 4 or 5, then went into clarinet/alto sax/tenor sax middle school, marched as a tenor sax all of high school, and still play the tenor in my college's pep band.

I miss my sophomore year of marching band...best year of my life.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back