How many of you play an instrument?
Aug 15, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #31 of 99
Piano for 5 years, saxophone for... 14 years... right at it... On and off the past few, but just picked it back up to play in a community band. I have a 1945 Conn 6M-VIII, silver plated, gold wash inside the bell... "Naked Lady", S/N:312xxx

**BRENT**

Aug 15, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #34 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by kodreaming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought a guitar more than a year ago... still can't play anything

me <--- Lazy ass

Don't feel bad. I've had about five guitars and two bass guitars and still know very little and play badly. I'm even lazier than you.

Aug 15, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #36 of 99
Guitar is my main instrument. I started by playing classical, but I've branched into just about everything (rock, metal, blues, etc). In terms of what I still enjoy playing the most, classical and acoustic stuff a la Don Ross are my preferences.

Next, bass. I'm good on electric and decent on upright. I lean towards music with a thick groove when playing electric, and mostly improv when I'm on an upright or fretless electric. Learned some Jaco songs, too.

Piano. Took lessons for a few years when I was younger and I've been noodling around teaching myself stuff since then. As it stands I'm piano-player-in-a-rock-band level, maybe, but not classical/jazz standard (where I'd like to be). My ex is arguably a world class (certainly in the future, anyway), classical pianist, and she made me regret quitting lessons (I was young and stupid) more than anything I've ever done.

Trumpet. Played it in school for about ten years and still pick it up every so often. I can play band music well, but I can't improvise on it very well if at all. My chops are probably hopeless right now, too.

Other brass. I'm competent on all other brass instruments (with the possible exception of the French horn, on which I couldn't justifiably play in a band).

Aug 15, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #37 of 99
I play guitar, bass (playing 19 years now...although not much the last couple of years)
Have "dabbled" with keyboards and drums on and off over the years.
Have "attempted" singing, hehe.
And um, played Cello in school, long ago
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #39 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by grape ape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty good at playing the guitar hero guitar.

I absolutely LOATHE guitar hero (my roommate played it in our living room for like 36 hours non stop so I pretty much lost any initial interest).

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #44 of 99
I play the bass guitar. And a dual 18 incher monitor is in my to do list. Im trying to play some woodwind instruments also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back