How many of you have ONE pair of headphones??
May 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #61 of 82
Quote:
I think I have a hoarding problem when it comes to electronics.

Once it's mine, I don't want to give it up, even if a newer product makes it obsolete.

Yeah me too, I only have my Zen Vision:M, on which the music playback battery life went down from 14 to 6-7 hours, so much I've recharged it often. My laptop was purchased in 2006 and still performs like new, I don't see me getting rid of it soon, because I still love it.

We are many to live just with our Grado HP2/HP1 (mostly or so)(but it's our main driver and equipment tester):
Me
ChefGuru
Jahn
Tamahome77
Nik
Killercrush (not too sure about this one since he isn't here much anymore)
wesleysneijder
maxfazer
and I'm sure my list is incomplete

Many of them (not me) have tried all of the best headphones, and chose to stay with only the HP2/HP1... sometimes they also seem to have a Stax headphone hidden somewhere under.

May 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #63 of 82
I've owned up to 10 headphones and 5 IEMs at one point. Now it's down to just a very few.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
May 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #64 of 82
You can always choose to count or not-count the "experiment" headphones, the ones that only led you to upgrade in a certain line-up, or change brand completely. In my case I have many of these, Grados, gaming headset, included-accessory earbuds, pointless and bad plastic headphones regrettably purchased on an impulse. Since I seldom sell headphones I'm stuck with them in my collection, but other than that I have 2 or 3 headphones, and at least one closed can.

May 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #66 of 82
Not me. I always have two pair. One for acoutic/live/soundstage material and a second for pop/fun recordings. Then occasionally I'll find something new that I want to try to see if it can win out again on of the regulars in my stable. But I always sell one or the other and keep just two.

May 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #67 of 82
Quote:
Not me. I always have two pair. One for acoutic/live/soundstage material and a second for pop/fun recordings. 

Seems to be the case with me. I have 2 pairs of full-sized headphones, the HD555 (595 mod) and the Koss Pro DJ 100. I also have 2 IEMs and 1 cheap portable headphone, if those count. One of my IEMs is the Monoprice, the other is sansa clip buds lol 
redface.gif

May 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #68 of 82
Man, I could never like that dj100. I owned it for about one week and sold it. The sound signature and clamp drove me nuts!!

May 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #69 of 82
Quote:
Man, I could never like that dj100. I owned it for about one week and sold it. The sound signature and clamp drove me nuts!!

I don't think it's as good as everyone makes it out to be. I think my HD555 easily bests it in detail, soundstage, accuracy. But the dj 100s do sound funner to listen to on some genres. Yeah I'm looking for something to replace them but money is low lol.

May 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #71 of 82
I had lots of headphones at one point. But then i sold most of them, which was a good solution. If you use them only couple of times in six months, there is no point. Lcd-2 and Akg-601 are the only ones that i still own.

May 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #72 of 82
Quote:
I had lots of headphones at one point. But then i sold most of them, which was a good solution. If you use them only couple of times in six months, there is no point. Lcd-2 and Akg-601 are the only ones that i still own.

Same hear. Now, the Denon D1100 sees the most of my use - the others I keep on hand to lend to friends/families, but I've sold most of my expensive 'phones.

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #73 of 82
One pair of headphones for me (Audiotechnica W3000ANV) and 2 IEM (Silver cabled Sennheiser IE80 and JVC Victor FX700).

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #75 of 82
HD555 (595 Modded) - Used mainly for gaming and every once and a while I'll run some tunes through them

HTF600 - My main music listening cans at home. Very fun sound. Very accurate drum sounds and I'm a drummer.

SR850 - My least favorite set. I don't really use them at all. I just could not adjust to the harsh highs these cans deliver.

Bose QC15 - Currently my favorite set. I really feel the sound quality of these are not judged fairly on these forums. Love the sound. Use them for pretty much everything, but mainly on the go. Very immersive gaming cans too! Suprisingly so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back