how many of you guys cook???
Mar 17, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #3,121 of 3,876
Owww! The last time I tried to cook I almost burned the house! xD Well... I know how to boil eggs or pasta but that's the limit of my abilities.

After seeing all of those posts maybe I should consider investing some time in cooking.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #3,122 of 3,876

An empty the fridge pie for 3.14.15:  Lemon curd on lemon cheesecake in an all butter shell.  Had the pie shell dough left over in the freezer and randomly had lemons and 8 oz of cream cheese sitting around from lack of use in another project.  

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #3,124 of 3,876
I can't make up my mind what to make for tonight's dinner so....

Sous vide everything....

On the left is General Tso Chicken ... On the right is Chicken Mole Poblano.

May the best bird win!

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #3,128 of 3,876
The same as the one you have, can't justify the pro version.

Well some of my friends can't justify my amplifiers. :wink:

Chicken Mole Poblano won. I plated two versions: one with Spanish rice and one with quinoa grain salad. Here's the grain salad plate.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #3,130 of 3,876
Rack of lamb tonight!

But before that ...

Chicken Salad: A light lunch of chicken with crumbled blue cheese and sliced seedless grapes. The chicken was poached in a honey, soy, chile vinaigrette--General Tso's Chicken Salad!

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #3,131 of 3,876
Unsophisticated comfort food for me tonight - bangers, beans and mash. Two sausages left over from the pack to go in a sandwich for tomorrow's lunch. 
redface.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #3,132 of 3,876
  Unsophisticated comfort food for me tonight - bangers, beans and mash. Two sausages left over from the pack to go in a sandwich for tomorrow's lunch. 
redface.gif

That's my kind of food too. I like to hunker down with a can of Van Camp's Pork & Beans.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #3,134 of 3,876
Lamb!

I had a great lamb burger the other day.  Cucumbers underneath, sautéed onions and feta cheese on top.  No point in it being lamb really, but I'm not complaining.  The feta was so strong it took over, and then the cool crisp cucumbers... medium rare juices all over.  Onion mush.  Good bun.  So good.

It was one of those foods I wanted to take a picture of, but felt a little silly doing so, and didn't.  I should have.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #3,135 of 3,876
  Lamb!

I had a great lamb burger the other day.  Cucumbers underneath, sautéed onions and feta cheese on top.  No point in it being lamb really, but I'm not complaining.  The feta was so strong it took over, and then the cool crisp cucumbers... medium rare juices all over.  Onion mush.  Good bun.  So good.

I love cucumbers. Cool cucumbers. Do you like Tzatziki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back