how many of you guys cook???
Jan 21, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #3,871 of 3,876
Edited...actually about 85C (more likely around 90C). C, not F.

If it was 175C the whole roast would overcook and I'd have a thicker grey zone.

85C. Well over 4hrs. After the exterior was seared.

It's kind of like wrapping it in plastic and then dunking it in 85C water for 3hrs, and then searing it. Except I didn't have a water pump infinitely running water through a heating element.
My difficulty with your post is that 85C is not roasting temperature. It is lower than baking temperature also. If you had posted 85C cooking temperature, no-one would worry, but 85C is slow-cooker temperature, not baking, roasting etc.

Jan 21, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #3,872 of 3,876
My difficulty with your post is that 85C is not roasting temperature. It is lower than baking temperature also. If you had posted 85C cooking temperature, no-one would worry, but 85C is slow-cooker temperature, not baking, roasting etc.

My difficulty is not knowing what to call it since it was in an oven. And that oven was preheated to a higher temp than that (since opening the oven to put the roast inside would drop the temps), plus the last side to get seared got the roast on that side (ie the flattest) and then the skillet went into the oven still at thatt temp, and then after it was in there the temp coming out of the heating elements was set to around 95C.

Like...what do I call it? Seared and aerovide?

Have you tried a sous vide on the prime rib?

I did but I moved recently and don't have a sous vide and plastic sealer yet.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #3,873 of 3,876
Cooking dinners for the entire family is a cherished routine of mine. I prioritize using fresh and wholesome ingredients sourced from di bruno bros customer service. I have a whole cookbook already and often ask my relatives what they like to have from it. Of course I don't mind if someone else is cooking for me or to go and eat in a restaurant once in a while.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #3,875 of 3,876
I love grilling. I use my Weber gas and charcoal grills. We're celebrating my wife's birthday this evening and I'll be doing rib eyes and salmon on the charcoal grill. Stop by.

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back