how many of you guys cook???
Jun 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #2,791 of 3,876
I make a killer Chile Verde (pork) ... and some interesting Tex-Mex dishes...

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #2,793 of 3,876

Precisely why it's weird.

C'mon now, rules are, pics or liar.

Oops, didn't see the first post - should be able to sometime in the next week or so :)

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #2,794 of 3,876
  I use Golden Mountain Dark Soy and other products by them as well. I, too, love dark soy for its great depth of flavor. I sometimes add a dash of oyster sauce as the secret ingredient. Not enough to tell what it is but just enough to make a difference. Hey, did you know that Worcestershire Sauce has anchovies in it? :)

well sadly I have SeaFood Allergies so I'm limited to the Soy Sauces, and not all worchestire sauces have anchovies but some do yes

I make a killer Chile Verde (pork) ... and some interesting Tex-Mex dishes...

yeap pics :D

Precisely why it's weird.

C'mon now, rules are, pics or liar.

alays a nice addition to this thread xD

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #2,795 of 3,876
A mixed bag of savory goodies for morning snack.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2,798 of 3,876

Did Indian yellow curry today, lots of Tomatoes, carrots an patatoes, chicken thighs again and yet more Chilies, lemon instead of Lime and yogurt and mint granishes TASTY, but hotter than the Thai curry I did the other day :D [and not as sweet] but much thicker gives me a good coating in my stomach <3 

oh and I used curry powder... I kinda forgot Curry Powder it self has a little chili powder in it lol, so the powder + lots of raw chilies = super yumm :D 
Quote:

It is ume, a red Japanese picked plum on the ball of rice and Hebrew National kosher hot dogs.

ahh very nice, looks good. Thought it was organs for a second 

but I like how... almost western Japanese food seems to be, not so much western as a hybrid 

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #2,799 of 3,876
... Deep fried Gigantic Sea Creature with Tentacles all over it.

This looks awesome! (Maybe with a bottle of soju to wash it down.)

Ever since my lovely wife developed an allergy to many things seafood while we were gorging on squid, crab, and prawns all afternoon on Pulau Ketam (Crab Island) more than a decade ago, I have enjoyed very little of the good stuff.

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #2,800 of 3,876
This looks awesome! (Maybe with a bottle of soju to wash it down.)

Ever since my lovely wife developed an allergy to many things seafood while we were gorging on squid, crab, and prawns all afternoon on Pulau Ketam (Crab Island) more than a decade ago, I have enjoyed very little of the good stuff.

I know ur pain brother, and hers. I've got an allergy my self, it sucks

also I used to little Chicken this time around in my curry q.q, health wise it's fine I mix a little greek yogurt in, stuffs great, low calorie no fat, very high in protein, how ever I'd like more chicken. Plus here in SC Boneless Chickentheighs are 1.97 a pound, so I've got no excuse to be skimpy on it 

although my roomies are Curried out [ a shame as this batch was different, but better than the last] 

I think I'll be doing good ole meat loaf in 2-3 days. This last curry is spicy than the last [even with the yogurt] so hopefully they won't eat it too quick

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,803 of 3,876
  Vegan Black Metal Chef cooks Pad Thai.

I never thought I'd see those words together...I hear/read "Black Metal" and the food I can think of is a lamb roast. Like when I did a whole rack of lamb rib for Christmas, and when I was asked what I was serving for Christmas dinner, I replied with, "tonight we shall dine on the flesh of the lamb ov God!" Planning to pull another one of that this year and just before the oven alarm goes off I'm gonna scream, "BLOW YOUR TRUMPETS, GABRIEL!!!"

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #2,804 of 3,876
This week's appetizers:

Sous-vide scallops with pickled radish and spring onions over sous-vide pork belly poached in Shoaxing wine and Mirin wine.

Broiled sous-vide chicken wing on a bed of fried noodles and shredded chicken with shiitake mushrooms. And drunken potstickers with mushrooms, bellpeppers, and cabbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back