How many headphones are too many?
Oct 15, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #121 of 155
Oct 15, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #122 of 155
My opinion on this seems to change over time, but at the Moment I Think 4-5 is a max for me.
With 5 I start to Think about selling a headphone every now and then.
I can never decide on which one, because when I pick them up I'm like "these sound so unique I can't sell them"

At that amount they all get ample playtime, but with more ...

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #123 of 155
…don’t worry, you’ll get unused to it…and move on…😏🤣
You would have more spare time to listen to music (instead of redacting your signature) with less headphones :relieved:

My opinion on this seems to change over time, but at the Moment I Think 4-5 is a max for me.
With 5 I start to Think about selling a headphone every now and then.
I can never decide on which one, because when I pick them up I'm like "these sound so unique I can't sell them"

At that amount they all get ample playtime, but with more ...
Liric in the classifieds in 3...2...1... :beerchug:

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #124 of 155
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #125 of 155
Three optimized and complementary is max.

Or maybe that's three full suite rigs. 🤣

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #128 of 155
If I really wanted to enjoy and fully appreciate what I have, I think I'd want to stay below 5 for sure. Sadly, I'm at a point where I'm buying more headphones just to collect them and satisfy my curiosity, rather than to fully appreciate and enjoy the sound of them.

Unfortunately, probably 60% of HPs I own have less than 10hrs of listening time in total. The only HP that I can say with certainty that I have more than several hundred hours of use is my HD650.

On average, I listen to music maybe 5-6 hrs a day on a good day. And roughly half of those, I'm on my nearfield monitors. And probably another hour or so, I'm on my IEMs, and another hour, car audio and bt speakers.

So yeah, there's such thing as having too many.

Oct 16, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #129 of 155
43 is too many

Oct 16, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #130 of 155
Too many headphones?

One can't have too many... :thinking:

Oct 16, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #131 of 155
I want to clarify my answer from earlier today. That’s based on my current income and budget. If I win the lottery this answer changes to “all of them! Except maybe grado.”

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #132 of 155
As long as you have the space, money and time to enjoy them I'd say the "limit" is pretty high.

In my case it does come with some trade offs though such my wife calling my office "the electronics hell" :wink:

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #133 of 155
In my case it does come with some trade offs though such my wife calling my office "the electronics hell
What a nice extra perk

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #134 of 155
If I really wanted to enjoy and fully appreciate what I have, I think I'd want to stay below 5 for sure. Sadly, I'm at a point where I'm buying more headphones just to collect them and satisfy my curiosity, rather than to fully appreciate and enjoy the sound of them.

Unfortunately, probably 60% of HPs I own have less than 10hrs of listening time in total. The only HP that I can say with certainty that I have more than several hundred hours of use is my HD650.

On average, I listen to music maybe 5-6 hrs a day on a good day. And roughly half of those, I'm on my nearfield monitors. And probably another hour or so, I'm on my IEMs, and another hour, car audio and bt speakers.

So yeah, there's such thing as having too many.
I was waiting for your reply in this thread :relieved: BTW, you were very sincere in your reply.

I love your Hedds Type MK2 but is imposible to me to deal with room resonances, so I'll stay with my Fostex PM1 MK2...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #135 of 155
As long as you have the space, money and time to enjoy them I'd say the "limit" is pretty high.

In my case it does come with some trade offs though such my wife calling my office "the electronics hell" :wink:
It’s fun in the seventh circle…🤣😈🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back