How Many Are Still Using 1st Gen. Shuffles?
Feb 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Gene

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Gen. 2 Shuffle but it doesn't touch the SQ of my two 1st gen Shuffles. I just love the SQ of the old ones.

How many of you still have and are still using the 1st gen Shuffles?

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 58
I use one for jogging with my FX-66's if that counts. SQ is pretty good actually
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #8 of 58
Count me in too.
smily_headphones1.gif
The 2G shuffle's slider buttons are too tiny, the 1G shuffle big slider is much easier to control blindly (while it's in my pocket). And yeah, the 2G shuffle SQ is not great, probably the noisiest iPod.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #12 of 58
I bought 4 or 5 of the 1gb shuffles v1 when they were being blown out at the apple refurb store. they seemed brand new to me.

what I like is that they can be used with the tiniest of software:

rebuild_db

no more 'one way' limits! use it with windows this way (or linux, the various other ways). no apple strangeness needed - all opensource stuff works with the old shuffles.

the hiss from them is slightly annoying but its only between songs that I notice it, if at all.

this was one of apple's better designs.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #14 of 58
I had two, and both got the dreaded error of the flashing lights so I gave up on them. Loved the sound from them though. I'm happy with my current Sony A818. Though like the Shuffle theres a bit of hiss. The OH has a 2G shuffle, but I don't like it at all.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #15 of 58
I have the 512mb 1st gen, and I never seem to like the sound signature, combined to either the ety 4s or ms-pro. the highs seems clouded.. btw, I listened to two different 1st gen shuffles, and was unimpressed with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back