How I simplified my life with the MarkL Modded D5000
Sep 29, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirmalanow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought maybe I should update this thread, since I have further simplified by selling the Pico and just using the Predator by itself. The MD5000s are so detailed that I found I did not need the extra detail of the Pico and it even sometimes got too bright with the Pico in the chain.

But even more I have drastically simplified in that I am no longer interested in changing or improving my system. I haven't bought anything new related to headphones for months now. And it is all MarkL's fault. These headphones sound so good and so consistently good coming out of the Predator that I spend all the time I used to spend reading about equipment listening to music. Some credit of course goes to the Predator which just keeps getting better as it goes through its very long break in.

And I think the consistency of the sound may have a lot to do with the fact that my whole system is now battery powered. The fluctuations in household current may have been why it seemed my system was never the same from one listening session to the next. Now it is always equally good.

The net result is that I just can't find the motivation to go buy anything anymore since I really am very content with the sound, and like it more than any of the many setups I have had over the last several years. Who knows what the future will bring, but for now my wallet and I are enjoying my aural nirvana and sense of satisfaction, and it is great to be at the end of the audiophile searching I suffered from for the last few years.

That's great to hear!

I'll be reviewing a pair of MD5000 soon, been wondering what all the hoopla is about and I find out soon enough (and I stopped counting after 2000 hours on my Predator).

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great to hear!

I'll be reviewing a pair of MD5000 soon, been wondering what all the hoopla is about and I find out soon enough (and I stopped counting after 2000 hours on my Predator).

I'll be interested to hear your impressions, especially of the MD5000s fed by the Predator.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #19 of 20
Thread ressurection much?

OP hasn't logged in over a year, so I doubt you'll get your answer on a threaad that is over 2 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back