how good are the sennheiser hd650's??
Jun 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #76 of 89
I'm actually listening to my hd650's now, and must say, enjoying them :) but remember, they were once the best headphones under 10,000 dollars....except the electrostatic headphones....just remember that.....that's all I ask

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #78 of 89
Not sure if trolling or not. 

Look at the review for the Beats, people love them, they must be the best then. 

Yea, the cable changes everything. Day and night difference. My ears bleed with the stock cable. 
Quote:
I mean, look at reviews from other sites online....then get back to me......I love em....gotta admit...the music flows, and doesn't kill my ears...I've been listening to headphones for years now....and I'm totally blown away by these....but, only when properly amped, and with cardas, or moon audio cables:)

Yea, but things change. 
Quote:
I'm actually listening to my hd650's now, and must say, enjoying them
smily_headphones1.gif
but remember, they were once the best headphones under 10,000 dollars....except the electrostatic headphones....just remember that.....that's all I ask

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #80 of 89
Hd-650 headphones are indeed good. The real problem is everything else had better be good as well.
I prefer Stax, but they are just too clunky to wear for long periods of time. Senn's are comfy for the long haul.
There are times I'm willing to trade off a little sound for comfort.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #84 of 89
I now have my little dot mk3 tube amp, with upgraded GE Jan5654W driver tubes, and love the sound! I truly think these really are one of the best headphones out there! And for being out for about 10 years, and being so popular, I think they're the best cans I've heard! And yes, tried the hd800, and hated them! I love my setup, and next step is to upgrade my CD player....wish me luck!

Spiderking31....

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #85 of 89
I'm not sure how I found this thread. I think I did a google search for HD600, HD650, airy and soundstage. I'm home sick and well I'm listening to all of my headphones. Out of a GS-1, the HD600 does have a bigger soundstage and sounds more airy to me. There was a bit of mud thrown around in this thread with fanboys distorting the truth and blaming cables, DACs and amp synergies. Hogwash. The HD600 on all of my amps sounds bigger. Both have Moon Audio Blue Dragon cables. It's not as dark so it's an obvious conclusion. I think haze is a good way of describing what I hear with the HD650. It's not that the details aren't there though. I prefer the HD650 for jazz. Smokey club atmosphere.

Why am I posting this? Someone will find this thread later on and I thought my opinion might help.

Peace out.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #86 of 89
Just wondering if anyone on Head-Fi has really heard an HD-650 that has LESS mid-bass than the HD-600. Is this even possible?
Based on memory, the HD-650 graph on Inner Fidelity looks flatter than the HD-600 graph around this area.

I actually loved the HD-650 for female vocals and miss hearing it. Maybe i'll have to try it again sometime.

My pair had so much mid-bass it was actually covering up some detail. I was shocked when I EQed the mid-bass down and discovered this.
It even ruined gaming. Had the latest version.

I think the only way i'd love the HD-650 is it it was on a dead neutral amp and dac.

Maybe the soundstage and more closed in sound is what made me think the HD-650 had more forward mids than the HD-600?

I bet the HD-650 will sound much better now that i've upgraded my DAC.

What is amusing though is hearing people argue about what headphone is more neutral...the HD-650 or HD-600. I will go with the HD-580
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #87 of 89
I'm not sure how I found this thread. I think I did a google search for HD600, HD650, airy and soundstage. I'm home sick and well I'm listening to all of my headphones. Out of a GS-1, the HD600 does have a bigger soundstage and sounds more airy to me. There was a bit of mud thrown around in this thread with fanboys distorting the truth and blaming cables, DACs and amp synergies. Hogwash. The HD600 on all of my amps sounds bigger. Both have Moon Audio Blue Dragon cables. It's not as dark so it's an obvious conclusion. I think haze is a good way of describing what I hear with the HD650. It's not that the details aren't there though. I prefer the HD650 for jazz. Smokey club atmosphere.
Why am I posting this? Someone will find this thread later on and I thought my opinion might help.
Peace out.
I have the blue dragon v3 from moon audio, and the sennheiser hd650's with a little dot mk3 tube amp, upgraded tubes, and it sounds awesome! But ONLY USE THEM WITH CDS THOUGH! and enjoy your audio Nirvana :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back