how does a Ipod Lineout Dock Cable make the audio output better than a audio to audio cable
Jul 2, 2011 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aznx2high

New Head-Fier
how does a Ipod Lineout Dock Cable output audio better than a audio to audio cable?

i have been looking about portable amps and i see people with their photo posted with Ipod Lineout Dock Cable

and i am wondering if it makes a difference.

please tell me what you think or know about it.

thanks

Jul 2, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 6
A line out bypasses the ipod's internal amp and goes straight to your portable amp so that you are not amping first through the ipod and then again through the portable amp. General consensus (and I imagine fact, but I can't prove it) is that you will decrease your output quality if you push it through multiple amps.

Jul 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
A line out bypasses the ipod's internal amp and goes straight to your portable amp so that you are not amping first through the ipod and then again through the portable amp. General consensus (and I imagine fact, but I can't prove it) is that you will decrease your output quality if you push it through multiple amps.

You're right on this, and I think, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go through the iPod amp, and then to a better amp, your essentially "re-amping" a low quality output from the iPod amp, whereas if you don't have a low quality output from the iPod, then audio will sound better coming straight from the better amp.

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Not only will it sound better, but the Ipod's different EQ settings no longer are active which degenerate the sound quality, you are using your portable amps output dacs and power amp, which is why you purchased the portable amp in the first place anyways. My iBasso D10 and D6 are always connected with a Fiio L9 Line out Cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back