How do you store your headphones? <Pic inside>
Nov 25, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When the collection grows, something like this might be best.

Well protected in an air-tight and dust free box, waiting to called for duty.
600smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

CanStorage.jpg

This method of storage will also prevent headband/elastic stretching and foam deformation as well, as pointed out earlier.
biggrin.gif

That is an amazing collection, i wouldnt like to be paying your home content insurance to cover those
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went from this:

To this:

Thats what I call evolution!
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 30
side2.jpg

The headphones are wrong/replaced/etc, but the hang points are the same. The breadrack shelving is fabulous for varied geekery - you can hide cables, get flat vinyl tops, attach hooks, cable bins, drawers.

The GF -hates- them, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 30
I think some threads should mark: D.N.E.İ.Y.J
biggrin.gif
o Not Enter If You're Jelious

I want it all I want it all and want it now!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #22 of 30
I really need a stand or something.... I'm always worrying that I'll roll over the k701 cable with my chair (it happened once already and cost me 2 months of shipping/repair/limbo without the phones)

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #25 of 30
usually have 2-3 laying out and the rest in their storage containers. i usually rotate through my phones, changing them every week or so. i try to keep the ones out of current rotation packed up to avoid dust exposure.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #27 of 30
I really want to get some cases for my cans, I have the Headroom Headcase, for my travel pair of darths (a korina pair, which is really light)
HeadRoom HeadCase Headphone Bag @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears
and I just bought 3 for my other darths.
Then in a month or two I'll be getting matching stands for the deep darths (Rosewood and Special Leopard Wood) which will be awesome and then maybe later a stand for my cocobolo and then for Vintage Birdseye maple which I just ordered.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #29 of 30
OOh! For my Marshmallows, I use an empty Altoids Tin with some foam on the bottom and on the lid. Theres two inserts on the foam for the two extra ear pieces too. It does a good job preventing me from losing it.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #30 of 30
I took a different approach. I have two wood audio towers, so I got two of these Simplyhuman towel racks at Bed,Bath & Beyond and attached them to the towers. They cost $21 on sale, but normal is $29. Each can hold 4 headphones if needed.
Attachment 28

Here are a few pics of them in use on the outside of each tower:
Attachment 30 Attachment 36
Attachment 34 Attachment 32
You could just as easy attach them to the underside of a desk or table, or on the wall. Worse case senerio, your wife steals one for the kitchen!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back