How Do YOU like/cook Your Ramen!
Jan 9, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #61 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put water and ramen in bowl then microwave it
icon10.gif

just like the transporter!

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #62 of 127
Love ramen! Just made myself a bowl today, started with Sapporo Ichiban Miso ramen, added some Kim-chee strip steak my mom cooked the other night, dropped in an egg, and cut up some green onions, yumm!
biggrin.gif
Not the best looking but tasty nonetheless.

Jan 13, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #63 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love ramen! Just made myself a bowl today, started with Sapporo Ichiban Miso ramen, added some Kim-chee strip steak my mom cooked the other night, dropped in an egg, and cut up some green onions, yumm!
biggrin.gif
Not the best looking but tasty nonetheless.

Ill take 1!

Jan 13, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #64 of 127
Best Ramen Noodles in the world. I love spicy noodles
smily_headphones1.gif

shinpacketfq3.jpg

How i prepare the noodles:

1) Boil Water
2) Add Seasoning and Vegetable Packet
3) Add 1 or 2 eggs
4) Let Seasoned concoction boil for a few minutes
5) add noodles
6) Done, serve and eat. Yummy in my Tummy!

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #65 of 127
I eat it. With the package.

biggrin.gif

I do the Cup Noodles thing, but here's what I do:

1) Start boiling water
2) Open Noodle cup, douse the top of the noodles with hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
3) Pour in hot water, stir
4) Mix in parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper
5) enjoy

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #66 of 127
depends what time

maruchan
bring water to boil, drop in two bricks, put in one package of the powder. let it cook for two minutes or so so they'll have a little bite. drain most of the water, put other package of season in bottom of bowl and dump the water and noodles in that

more expensive kind i get at the asian markets
bring water to boil, drop in two bricks, add in both packages of oil, powder as well as soy sauce and soy paste. let this cook for two or three minutes or until i think they're done. drain out most of the black water and dump the rest in a bowl.

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #67 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive seen some people who drain almost all the water out after the noodles are done cooking, so its kinda like lo mien but not as good
biggrin.gif

that's what i do. drain almost all of the water out, and then add the seasoning. tastes awesome!

edit: i'm not into ramen enough to make high-quality stuff. now, if you want to talk about Mexican food and Tex-Mex, then i'm interested...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #68 of 127
I like mine with most of the water removed and with some mashed potato flakes added and a few pieces cut-up of either those frozen and battered steak strips or chicken strips depending on whether I'm eating the chicken or beef flavor.

We didn't have a lot of luck with pepperoni and pizza sauce though.

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #70 of 127
My standard ramen is Nong Shim Shin Ramyun, a photo of which is posted earlier in the thread. There is a Korean grocery store here that sells it by the case. The noodles are better quality than any other brand I've tried, and it's nice and spicy to boot. I use a bit more water than the instructions suggest to dilute the broth a bit, cook the noodles for a few minutes, then slowly add a beaten up egg (two eggs is a bit much). I generally also add at least some crushed or ground hot peppers (I have bags of them because I do so much Indian cooking), and maybe some tofu, Chinese cabbage, green onions, etc. I would add meat, but I don't usually have any lying around since I buy it fresh when I cook. Nong Shim also makes kimchee flavour ramen with the same noodles. It's not as spicy (not a problem when you have your own chiles), but I prefer the taste of the broth, so I also pick it up from the Korean place when they have it.

My favourite instant noodle is Nong Shim instant udon. It is around $2/pack here, so not exactly cheap, but it's much, much better than any instant ramen I've tried. Probably the best instant noodles you can buy, and I have sampled quite a few. Seriously, everyone should try this stuff.

Review: http://noodleson.com/review/2005/09/26/jstyle-udon/

Many of the Nong Shim products come in styrofoam bowl versions. I generally buy the regular ones, but these are quite useful for when you're at the office or whatever. I keep a kettle there for tea, coffee, cocoa, and instant noodles
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #72 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My standard ramen is Nong Shim Shin Ramyun, a photo of which is posted earlier in the thread. There is a Korean grocery store here that sells it by the case. The noodles are better quality than any other brand I've tried, and it's nice and spicy to boot. I use a bit more water than the instructions suggest to dilute the broth a bit, cook the noodles for a few minutes, then slowly add a beaten up egg (two eggs is a bit much). I generally also add at least some crushed or ground hot peppers (I have bags of them because I do so much Indian cooking), and maybe some tofu, Chinese cabbage, green onions, etc. I would add meat, but I don't usually have any lying around since I buy it fresh when I cook. Nong Shim also makes kimchee flavour ramen with the same noodles. It's not as spicy (not a problem when you have your own chiles), but I prefer the taste of the broth, so I also pick it up from the Korean place when they have it.

My favourite instant noodle is Nong Shim instant udon. It is around $2/pack here, so not exactly cheap, but it's much, much better than any instant ramen I've tried. Probably the best instant noodles you can buy, and I have sampled quite a few. Seriously, everyone should try this stuff.

Review: http://noodleson.com/review/2005/09/26/jstyle-udon/

Many of the Nong Shim products come in styrofoam bowl versions. I generally buy the regular ones, but these are quite useful for when you're at the office or whatever. I keep a kettle there for tea, coffee, cocoa, and instant noodles
smily_headphones1.gif

What's the name of the shop that you buy that udon from? It seems so good that it must be tried! I have seen a korean/japanese grocery shop while driving to Fairview, maybe that is it.

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #73 of 127
2 ramen packs
pot
fill up water to cover noodles
oven on high, lid on
come back 5 mins later, mix noodles
drop an egg
2 more mins
slice some carrots, cauliflower, bean sprouts, chinese sausage or some meat or fish
1 tbsp of sweet soy sauce
2 more mins
oven off
open the death packets and pour over, mix
transfer to a bowl.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #74 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
death packets

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

that is priceless. All i have ever experienced is top/maruchaun ramen. I want to branch out and try something better.

Mar 17, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #75 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the name of the shop that you buy that udon from? It seems so good that it must be tried! I have seen a korean/japanese grocery shop while driving to Fairview, maybe that is it.

It's the place at Victoria and King beside the Beer Store. They have a whole section of instant noodles at the back, and the cases are in the video rental room. They sell all sorts of crazy Korean treats and drinks too, so take some extra money
wink.gif
If you're after the udon, they usually have either the bowl or regular version in stock, so just look for Nong Shim udon.

They actually carry the Shin Ramyun stuff at Zehrs now, but I think it's more expensive than buying it by the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back