How Do YOU like/cook Your Ramen!
Jan 3, 2007 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 127

Kasp3r

500+ Head-Fier
Soo almost everyone eats ramen! How do you prefer it and how do you cook it?

I pretty much Boil the water first, cook the noodles with no seasoning yet. Once the noodles are cooked, I put the seasoning and wa la Its done
smily_headphones1.gif

OR

Sometimes when im a little bored I do this
Get some greens, Like cabbage, some other green vegetables I dunno what there called, but its not lettuce, and cut those up in small chunks. Cook the noodles, put the vegetables in, and once its almost done, I like to put an egg in slowly. The boiling water cooks it and actually taste rather good
biggrin.gif

mabey some hot sauce or something to kick it up! Or if I have meat thats been cooked, it goes in sometimes haha

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 127
I do it the first way you said, boil water, add noodles, then seasoning. But this one time, i had them at a friend's house and he made the noodles, then took them out and put butter on the noodles without the seasoning, pretty good.

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 127
The packet of seasoning sucks. MSG is poison. Homemade is the only way to go.

I use Organic Udon noodles and make a sauce out of curry, coconut milk and vegetables.

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The packet of seasoning sucks. MSG is poison. Homemade is the only way to go.

I use Organic Udon noodles and make a sauce out of curry, coconut milk and vegetables.

Give me the recipe or i will have to keep eating msg!!

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 127
i usually like miso ramen topped with daikon, cabbage, poached egg and chicken tonkatsu, very unhealthy haha.

eh amateurs bowl:

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 127
I partially break the noodles, maybe just break in half once vertically and once diagonally (while package is unopened so that I don't spill). I boil the water, add in the noodles, add about 1/4 of the seasoning and add 1-2 eggs. then I strain most of the water out and add about 1/4 or less of the seasoning. It's a lot less salty this way.

I'm open for suggestions guys, this is a good thread for a college kid like myself. Hopefully we can think up a bunch of recipes, survive on Ramen, and then all be able to afford K1000
k1000smile.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 127
I have abandoned all ramen type products in favour of a diet based instead on Toast. Previously, I would cook my noodles with whatever souce they may or may not have come with, plus lashings of tobasco and a sprinkling of sweetcorn.

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 127
Ive seen some people who drain almost all the water out after the noodles are done cooking, so its kinda like lo mien but not as good
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #10 of 127
I like to break up the noodles somewhat, then boil them, and add half the seasoning pack. The whole pack is just too salty for me.

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 127
Many times at school I see kids just break the block up into chunks and sprinkle the packet seasoning over the separate pieces before they devour it.

I don't know why they don't choose something more...adequate? But they tell me it's good. I guess if I'm going to continue this hobby I have to try sooner or later
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 127
I boil the water, drop the brick in, keeping the noodles as long and whole as possible. (So that I can slurp them up.) I boil mine so that it is soft enough to not to be stiff and chunky, but firm enough so that it isn't gooey and gross. I drain most of the water, add the seasoning, and LOTS of red pepper, enough to make my mouth burn before I'm even done. This makes the meal much better. I could even say I like to have a little ramen with my red pepper.
biggrin.gif

My favorite flavor is creamy chicken.

Lately, however, I have abandoned ramen for a brand of dinner dubbed "Innovasian" (heh, I just love that). They taste awesome (especially the general tso's chicken flavor, mmm spicy), and they contain no MSG. The chicken is excellent quality and is much more filling than plain noodles.

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #13 of 127
Heat water to boiling in microwave (Usually between four and five mins) => Add Noodles => Add Seasoning => Take bowl out of microwave with towel so as not to burn oneself => Enjoy.
eggosmile.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #15 of 127
They make a good snack uncooked, no seasoning.

Otherwise, I don't eat the stuff.

--Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back