How do you keep your ipod(or what have you) and amp "together"
Sep 10, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #31 of 66
I think I'll go the velcro route

Mine is a bit ickier as I have to have an iPod, an external cap dock, and then the iQube. whole darn thing is going to end up covered in velcro just to keep it secure

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #34 of 66
Velcro is by far the most secure...but for me, it just looks terrible. I have great luck by using those rubber bracelets...had some cool glow in the dark ones from another group I am a part of...and they do the trick very well.

The Hippo case is most intriguing...and I wonder how I would add a third device into the mix with it.

RIDE

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #35 of 66
Velcro here too but I wish I could find another, more solid, solution. I'll try the elastic bands next time I purchase broccoli
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #37 of 66
Anyone with a new iPod think about using that plastic holder to strap their amps? If I can cut a hole for the dock connector without it falling apart, it would be perfect. Straps some bands and it won't obscure the screen or controls.

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #38 of 66
Seems like I'm the odd one out. Since I don't find it appealing to have to lug out a brick (dap and amp) every time I want to change tracks, I prefer to keep my amp (RSA Predator) and DAP (Cowon D2) separate when listening on the go. My Predator amp goes in one pant pocket (or shirt/jacket pocket), and my dap in another pocket, connected with a 3ft DIY interconnect cable. That way, I only have to pull out my DAP to navigate, and not have people look give me that 'OMG are you still using a cassette walkman' look.

Plus, when stacked, the DAP and amp combo makes a peculiar bulge in any pocket, which is why I prefer to separate the two components.

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #39 of 66
I use a Velcro square for my Clip and FiiO E3. I used small Velcro discs, but they weren't heavy duty enough.

Here's a pic:

DSCF0007-2.jpg

All the best,
Brad

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #40 of 66
hmm ive noticed i have something no one else has mentioned here yet...i guess ill share the secret. well, not really a secret i guess, i got it from a picture from another head-fier but it really caught my eye. MOUNTING TAPE. its the double sided squishy tape almost like a foam kind of material. if u dont know what im talking about, google it. i didnt know what it was my first time either.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #41 of 66
I use a head-porter iPod case that fits my iBasso D2 and iPod touch perfectly...Sadly I have to give up the iBasso very soon
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #42 of 66
Velcro has worked for me......BUT not using it in the wrap-around fashion. What I prefer is using the adhesive backing on each case...so that the Velcro is between the cases. I'd further advise, however, not to remove an iPod from a flexible case used in this fashion - as the resultant flexing will weaken the adhesive grip of the Velcro, and you'll have to replace the effected pieces. Otherwise, it has been a happy solution for me.
When using a small iPod (eg. Nano) - simply use two of the very unobtrusive Scünci Polybands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back