How do you keep your ipod(or what have you) and amp "together"
Sep 5, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #16 of 66
^ I've used that before for posters. Might have to try that again. It does a pretty good job and leaves minimal residue.

Now if anyone knows of a product that works like the toes on a gecko. Let us know.
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Velcro!

Ditto. 2" wide velcro works wonders for my cinderblock.

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #19 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Combining the velcro and rubber band ideas: velcro cable ties that act like rubber bands (as opposed to velcro dots). These pull tight neatly and go around both units like a band, but flatter.

The Sennheiser black cable tie (given out at CanJam '08) is perfect for an i7 + Predator. Blue, red, and green velcor ties are at Radio Shack, perfect length too.

Note iQube gives you neat bands, perfect for an ipod+iQube combo.

X2. I use this same thing, got them with a new pair of skis last year and work perfectly
smile.gif

Before that was using large and flat hair ties, these worked well enough as well

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #20 of 66
The velcro "one wrap" is also available in uncut rolls. This is better than the pre-cut cable ties, since the length (and width) can be fully customized, and you don't need the slit in the end.

I have found a source that will sell single 25 yard rolls at a reasonable price -- all colors and widths available.

I suggest every Meet buy a roll and bring a paper cutter -- 25 yards will make wraps for everyone. As mlarn says, for your skis as well as your PMP+AMP.

VELCRO® brand ONE-WRAP® by the Roll - VELCRO® brand products

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #22 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The velcro "one wrap" is also available in uncut rolls. This is better than the pre-cut cable ties, since the length (and width) can be fully customized, and you don't need the slit in the end.

I have found a source that will sell single 25 yard rolls at a reasonable price -- all colors and widths available.

I suggest every Meet buy a roll and bring a paper cutter -- 25 yards will make wraps for everyone. As mlarn says, for your skis as well as your PMP+AMP.

VELCRO® brand ONE-WRAP® by the Roll - VELCRO® brand products

Now you are talkin'
wink.gif
Thats a really good find, and a great idea for meets as well. Everyone is always looking for something that will work for this purpose, and I think you just hit the jackpot!

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #23 of 66
I use a couple rubber bands. I could use duct tape. Gorilla Glue might be a bit extreme. If my amp and player were thicker, I could use rubber sealer rings. Maybe I need a thicker amp and player. I just use rubber bands.

Equipment: Decware Zen Head and Philiips Ipod clone.

Cheers!

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #24 of 66
mlarn and I like velcro over bands, yashica, for lots of reasons. I have tried both -- I have the iQube bands that were made exactly for this purpose.

Cinch tightness is the correct physical force here, not compression tightness. Especially during the separation process -- necessary to get thru airport security. An assembled rig will get you stopped every time.

The velco is flatter than rubber, and better looking than regular bands (some of the rubber bracelets look nice, but except for iQube don't fit properly -- although insyte seems to have found one).

And of course velcro adjusts perfectly, plus there is no need to worry about its losing the ability to hold tight, as bands do over time.

Velcro is the solution. I'm hooked. (Sorry that was terrible).

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #25 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a couple rubber bands. I could use duct tape. Gorilla Glue might be a bit extreme. If my amp and player were thicker, I could use rubber sealer rings. Maybe I need a thicker amp and player. I just use rubber bands.

Equipment: Decware Zen Head and Philiips Ipod clone.

Cheers!

Whoa..., Yashicaman, I don't know if the duct tape you get is less sticky then the stuff I get, but I would recondsider trying it. I use those velcro dots that came w/ the TAH . I put them on the three "rubber feet", put my Zune in a clear plastic protective shell & pressed the shell against the velcro sandwiched feet. (So, you're really liking your Zen Head so far, I am getting close to "pulling the trigger" on this one. Thanks.)

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #26 of 66
I happened upon a case I had gotten at a yard sale and intended for my little digicam. It was too big for that, but it looks to be a good fit for my iPod 5.5 and an amp of equal or greater size. It has a front mesh pocket that's exactly right for my Toughskin clad ipod, and a rear main case that shoiuld fit most portable amps I've seen.

When I'm using my Fiio, i put a dab of rubber cement on it and glue it to the side of whatever iPod case I happen to be using.

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #27 of 66
Does anyone know if putting Velcro dots on the back of an iPod that has a Best Skins Ever film would mess up the BSE?

I currently use rubber bands to keep my iPod and Caffeine Ultra together, but think using Velcro would look a lot better. Thanks.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #28 of 66
I'm guessing that it might. I'm using this 3M velcro they have at work that comes on a big roll. Somehow the adhesive is strong but comes off of my nano and Caffeine cleanly. For now Im not using a case when I use them together. The backing says 3M Scotchmate if that helps at all. The velcro has a very strong grip too.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #29 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing that it might. I'm using this 3M velcro they have at work that comes on a big roll. Somehow the adhesive is strong but comes off of my nano and Caffeine cleanly. For now Im not using a case when I use them together. The backing says 3M Scotchmate if that helps at all. The velcro has a very strong grip too.

i'm using 3m velcro too
smily_headphones1.gif
thumbs up for them!

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #30 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last time is rubber band

now is the hippo case amp sack

f.jpg

Do you have a link to this? I've been looking for a decent case as I use an elastic Scunci right now
icon10.gif

92_l.jpg

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back