How do you keep your ipod(or what have you) and amp "together"
Sep 30, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #46 of 66
I just stuck a little piece of double sided bonding tape on my FiiO e3 and the back of my iClear.

I tried a band but the amp is too small and the band was too big to be of much use. Zip ties didn't work because I couldn't get it to tighten enough. So I did this and it works well.

CIMG5346.jpg

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #47 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use one of those fat blue rubber bands that come on a bunch of Broccoli.

Hilarious! I was just doing a search on what other amp users used for straps. I came across this thread and, as coincidence would have it, I just got home from the grocery market with extra blue bands pulled off broccoli to use!
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #49 of 66
I find the Livestrong bands a bit too thick and wide. So to strap my DAP+DAC+Amp together, I went to the bicycle shop and purchased a BMX rubber tube meant for the tires. Using very sharp exacto knife (or cutter), I sliced them thinly and evenly. They are very strong and durable and resists elasticity degradation.

Cheers.

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #51 of 66
for my portable rig velcro + band

for my transportable velcro plus pelican 'micro' case

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #54 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last time is rubber band

now is the hippo case amp sack

f.jpg

Wow!
That thing looks great.
How tight a fight is it?
Would it take a Classic in Yotank and a RSA SR-71?

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #55 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow!
That thing looks great.
How tight a fight is it?
Would it take a Classic in Yotank and a RSA SR-71?

I doubt it; the amp would be no problem because you can get different sizes for the amp section; although I have read that they dont hold the amps in that well and you have to take measures to keep it contained as there is nothing on the front or back of that part. but my yotank is huge, I would think it would be at least INCREDIBLY TIGHT

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #56 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saran Wrap both together. Not only are they together but there is no chance of either getting scratched.

I suppose that gives it a fresh sound with crisp highs
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #57 of 66
I have been using O-Rings for over a year now and have been very happy with them. They are thin, strong and pretty stealth. I just use two of them (one would be ample) and my amp doesn't move at all. The case helps, though. I have a rubber case which causes a lot more friction and less chance of movement.

I can't find the exact box that I purchased online but it's something like this:

Ace Hardware Outlet

The one I bought was purchased from The Home Depot for just a few bucks. It is by "Danco" and it says it is a "Repair Kit for Delta Kitchen Spout". I honestly couldn't be happier with it.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #58 of 66
Never thought about blue tack till this thread, now I'm so happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #60 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use one of those fat blue rubber bands that come on a bunch of Broccoli.

icon10.gif
That is so funny.

I work as a chef and i know there is a fat blue band around some asparagus in the fridge at work right now.

I'm gonna call them and tell them to save one for me
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back