How do Razer Electras Compare to Beats Studios???
Aug 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #32 of 53
Here's why I think your poll doesn't get much attention: your 2 options are between a headset made by a gaming company, created for computer use, and a pair of full-sized headphones made for "studio" use and mostly hipsters on Starbucks, which are too heavy to use for several hours on a computer. So it's not you're struggling between 2 models in a category of headphones (like closed headsets), because the Pros aren't a headset. You gave one choice that makes sense and one that's just there for the looks.

And then, get this, in a forum composed of people with a collective vast experience on headphones, on a poll where the 2 choices aren't at all related, you say "no other suggestions" and insinuate anyone who does suggest something else is stuck-up. To understand why this doesn't work, it's like me going into a construction forum, asking "What's the best track loader?" and then the 2 choices are a Cat track loader and a Ford Mustang (which is a car), and then add "no other suggestions".

My suggestion for a headset: get a decent pair of closed headphones, something like a Shure SRH840, and then add an attachable microphone like a Zalman.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #33 of 53
I can tell you from personal experience, going from astro a40's (which are supposed to be *cough* better *cough* than the choices you listed) to products usually reccommended in this forum is night and day (though to be fair, a40's > lcd-2's + amp + dac should be night and day).  Music went from being flat and dull to amazing.  As for other choices, there's a thread on gaming headphones around here somewhere, the audiotechnica's ad7000 (open ones, maybe at7000, whatever), get reccomeneded for games due  to huge open soundstage but they lack bass, but if you wanna rape people in cod with dolby headphone, which is basically soundhax compared to anything else, they're the way to go.  

At your budget you're looking at what do you want to comprimise, what is more important, if gaming with an advantage in shooters is more important than bass, i'd go the Audiotechnicas, and if music is a higher priority, around that budget would probably be the m50 or something?  But yeah, sell the razer's asap, they make good mice n keyboards and stuff, but they're really...really new to the headphone game.  Either way get a clip on mic, problem solved.  Thing is the lower down in price you go, the more things you usually have to comprimise on, I would if budget allowed, get a nice open, light sounding pair of headphones for gaming, for the dolby headphone zomg i just got a 37 kill streak in cod, then some ones with more body/impact/bass/slam (whatever term floats your boat) for tunes.  Different tools for different jobs really.

And if you really 'need' a headset, the sennheiser pc360 is pretty much *the* way to go, but it's pricy.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #37 of 53
Quote:
both headphones are bad

...end of thread 
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #39 of 53
Honestly guys the only reason i started this thread was to see how they compare in terms of SQ, not to see if they are good or if there are better options. It seems people cant get that from the OP, i guess i'll have to ask elsewhere...

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:
Honestly guys the only reason i started this thread was to see how they compare in terms of SQ, not to see if they are good or if there are better options. It seems people cant get that from the OP, i guess i'll have to ask elsewhere...

Like it's been said before, nobody here has the Electras. It's not that nobody gets it, it's that, well, nobody wants to make up facts.

But if you want an assumption, the Studios probably thrash the Electras, going by my experiences with other Razer headphones like the Orca, Carcharias, and Megalodon. You probably will get the opposite notion from other forums, but there's a 90% chance that person just wants to seem cool by trashing the Beats.

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

It's not just that there are better options, you probably already knew that. It's that you're asking which one is the best headset and one isn't a headset.

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #42 of 53
OH MY GOD, Honestly LizardKing1 im starting to think your doing this on purpose and just trying to sound like you know too much, i dont flipping care what you call it, where your from it must mean a world of a difference when someone says headsets and not headphones, i dont care for their difference in having additional hardware (a mic) or not, i just wanted to know their SQ diference you cannot tell me you didnt understand my question, and you certainly cannot tell me that your last post wasn't completely unnecessary.. seriously try to be a bit more flexible in understanding,   i know this will probably come off as being rude but really im just dumbfounded.

This will be my last posting on this thread as i see only 10% of the respondents 

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #43 of 53
Quote:
OH MY GOD, Honestly LizardKing1 im starting to think your doing this on purpose and just trying to sound like you know too much, i dont flipping care what you call it, where your from it must mean a world of a difference when someone says headsets and not headphones, i dont care for their difference in having additional hardware (a mic) or not, i just wanted to know their SQ diference you cannot tell me you didnt understand my question, and you certainly cannot tell me that your last post wasn't completely unnecessary.. seriously try to be a bit more flexible in understanding,   i know this will probably come off as being rude but really im just dumbfounded.

This will be my last posting on this thread as i see only 10% of the respondents 

Err...okay.

There's a huge difference between headphones and headsets actually. If you simply asked, we would have explained it. Headsets are assumed to only be used for gaming, so music-listening isn't exactly taken into account when the sound is tuned (hence why I'm assuming Beats will thrash these). Headsets generally offer gimmicky "surround" processing, which actually makes everything sound weird, but for headsets without that gimmickry, the sound, in my experience, will either emphasize explosions and nothing else, or seriously up the treble to make voices/teammates easier to hear. Basically, headsets+music is a no go.

You need to be, like, nicer.

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #44 of 53
My apologies if I sounded like I was just showinv knowledge down your throath. It's just that if you wanted an actual headset, the Pro's lack of a mic would be a dealbreaker. So you're looking for a pair of headphones for sound quality, not for the gimmicks that come with a gaming headset? With money and anti-Beats bias aside, I would go with the Pros. I've not listened to the Razers, like most here, so understand I'm not saying the Pros are better, but I very much believe they will be.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #45 of 53
Quote:

The sound quality of both headphones is terrible.
People are recommending different options because both options you listed are bad.
Your price range is also obscure, since you're considering a $300 headphone but when you're recommended something for $200 you say it's too expensive.
The ultrasone hfi 580 have a similar sound signature compared beats studio, (more bass extension as well)  and are notably cheaper than the V-modas.

One last note.
You are coming across as very whiny when the people in this thread are really just trying to help you choose which headphone to get so that you avoid wasting large sums of money on a product that doesn't meet your standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back