How Do I Properly Burn In DT990/600
Jan 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jronan2

500+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure if there is like a universal way to burn in all headphones or specific methods for specific headphones. I tried to use the search option before I started the thread so please take it easy on me, still a new member. I will be running the DT990/600 with the e7/e9 combo. I would like to know what songs, where to get them, and duration. Thank you.

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Some will advise you to simply use them and let them burn in during usage

Some will advise you to make playlists of music songs

Some will advise you to use white, pink, brown noise, frequently sweeps and silent files, in that case:
http://burninwave.com/ 

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 9
I recently purchased and burned in a new pair of DT880/600. I created a playlist of all my tunes and played them randomly at slightly higher than listening volume for 4-5 hours at a time for a few days. Then I used the test tones at the following link overnight for a few nights at a medium volume. There is some info and more recommendations at the link:

http://www.jlabaudio.com/burn.php

This seemed to work great for me as the headphones sound pretty darn good. Good luck!

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 9
just make sure you enjoy those cans

if you must burn in, use silent files every hour, just to be sure

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 9
just listen to them.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
just listen to them.

eek.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I just got that EXACT setup, and I just let them burn in naturally, and they're sounding great thus far.

How do you like it so far?

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
How do you like it so far?

I really enjoy them, with the E7/E9, you can dock the E7 take out the bass boost, but they sound wonderful, less bass so more neutral. You can also run your source through the E7, then into the E9 (undocked E7), and use the bass boost and they become very fun. Bass isn't overpowering (even at max bass boost). I need to try them with a good action movie and some gaming still.

Hope you enjoy yours too! 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back