How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #2,356 of 3,657
All you people need to show your beliefs in a crowd with your gear. In Seattle I will bring mine and we can do it in person. Will set up the meet. Show me with your gear, demonstrate it. Then I will show you mine. My demo is too easy, it will destroy everyone's arguments, that easy to do with my gone through Singlepower MPX3 and Sonnet Morpheus DAC. What gear would you bring? Tell me the gear you would bring to prove me wrong?

You actually have already been proven wrong, lol. Your wallet as some of your "proof" was a pretty strong argument though./s

Since you're a big spender and the honey's love you and the homies wanna be you, why not buy a measuring rig and show us the FR changse of all of your cables on your favorite headphones. That would save everyone the wasted trip just for you to flex your gear, ears and purchase validation.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #2,358 of 3,657
@Redcarmoose I agree with your sentiment, but Its a cable, not theoretical abstract mathematics, changing mainstream paradigms or philosophy of science.
Even the physics of a cable can change. We can be wrong in our theoretical models that we use to describe the real world. But until then, there has to be evidence showing that there’s a change, repeatability, and peer review before changing the null hypothesis. Science is always changing, and we don’t know where it could take us. But it also seems that we have a decent understanding with our current models.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #2,359 of 3,657
You call that an opinion? He’s just citing there’s no evidence that the purity of metals affects the sound of the cables.
@PhonoPhi , he did not find out by his own work, just quoted somebody else. Which has not been proven. There is no proof. Me on the other hand. I have the gear that will prove beyond a doubt that it does work. Done it Seattle meet for years. Where are the meet impressions that cables don't work? Would like to read those threads. Would like to read about rigs that were put together by scientific method. Where are those threads and impressions to read about cables at meets not working? There is no work to read about cables not working or real posts from head-fiers auditioning gear that benefited for audio grade cables I.E. Power cables with IEC's and plugs, Interconnects with different metallurgy with different kinds of connectors, digital cables, or phono cables?. There are no such threads

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #2,360 of 3,657
We don’t “show out beliefs”, we just follow science. All audio gear can be measured and there are standard agreed upon most of the scientific community that are the benchmark of the equipment we use. Not only that, these standards are based on the fundamental nature of sound and electronics, down to the inner workings of a single resistor all the way up to the complexity an amplifier or a digital-to-analog converter shows. This is not about believing, this is about the fundamentals that define audio in electric, aerodynamic, and psychoacoustic terms.
Now its beliefs....lol..... like religion....... Where are the people to show us that listening to gear because it sounds good is bad lol. I paid money and did the work to find out what works and what doesn't and my gear sounds good because of it. You can get anyone, Amir from ASR, I really don't care to represent your side of things and I will bring my gear to show how things really work. I will organize the meet. All you guys do is pull stuff from the internet, not do anything in person. What have you guys done in person to show how cables don't work to a guy who has so many cables to choose from to prove my point. Do you guys know how the piezo electric effect works with cables. I can demonstrate with that one cable. That cables make a difference. What do you guys have to prove that wrong........ lol? Pick someone in Seattle, Please. Ask them to prove your point. I an very ready ........ lol.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #2,361 of 3,657
With a bias moderator do you really think you’ll find truth? You could have simply taken out the line if you didn’t like it.

?

So you erased the whole post?
Goodbye!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #2,362 of 3,657
With a bias moderator do you really think you’ll find truth?
So, your going to delete my posts.....huh? Goodbye!
Seriously Red? I got a report on your post, you were asking how stupid another member is, so I removed it based on forum rules. And I also removed a reply that was quoting the insult. That guy has more reasons to be mad than you do.
I couldn't care less about the rest of the post. Post it again without insults and be amazed to witness that my moderation ’bias’ is suddenly gone.

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #2,363 of 3,657
You haven't debunked anything? You gave an opinion. You haven't done the work in the hobby to find out at all. Which I have. Have an amp with 2 inputs and can switch them effortlessly. Put on a meet show people what you found out first hand. That's what I do. Put up or shut up. Do it.
If you have no evidence for some fact - it is your imagination, and no matter how loud and quasiconfident you are about it - it is still your imagination.

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #2,364 of 3,657
Now its beliefs....lol..... like religion....... Where are the people to show us that listening to gear because it sounds good is bad lol. I paid money and did the work to find out what works and what doesn't and my gear sounds good because of it. You can get anyone, Amir from ASR, I really don't care to represent your side of things and I will bring my gear to show how things really work. I will organize the meet. All you guys do is pull stuff from the internet, not do anything in person. What have you guys done in person to show how cables don't work to a guy who has so many cables to choose from to prove my point. Do you guys know how the piezo electric effect works with cables. I can demonstrate with that one cable. That cables make a difference. What do you guys have to prove that wrong........ lol? Pick someone in Seattle, Please. Ask them to prove your point. I an very ready ........ lol.
For the interconnects, I have a simple scientific question for you - what happens when two different metals (e.g. gold and rhodium) are in contact, and why it may not be good for any audio signal transmission?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #2,365 of 3,657
@PhonoPhi , he did not find out by his own work, just quoted somebody else. Which has not been proven. There is no proof. Me on the other hand. I have the gear that will prove beyond a doubt that it does work. Done it Seattle meet for years. Where are the meet impressions that cables don't work? Would like to read those threads. Would like to read about rigs that were put together by scientific method. Where are those threads and impressions to read about cables at meets not working? There is no work to read about cables not working or real posts from head-fiers auditioning gear that benefited for audio grade cables I.E. Power cables with IEC's and plugs, Interconnects with different metallurgy with different kinds of connectors, digital cables, or phono cables?. There are no such threads

There has been decades of work on these topics and until and if something new is presented, this is settled science. No amount of hand waving and placebo ridden uncontrolled testing by you can or will change that.

Your suggestion that scientific knowledge isn’t valid until self tested is absurd. I don’t need to jump off a tall building personally to prove gravity exists.

Time for you to submit actual proof of your claims or take your clownish attempts at intimidation and puffery elsewhere. And no, your sighted subjective opinions are not in any way proof
Ted Denney, the owner of Synergistic Research (who you’ve stated you support) says thanks. Do you enjoy the videos he posts driving his Ferrari and thanking the suckers who buy from him? He posts them all the time. Are you following Ted’s current attacks on Gene of Audioholics where he makes jokes about Gene’s nearly fatal bout with Covid, mocks his family, and continually threatens Gene? That’s the person you support.

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/synergistic-research

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #2,366 of 3,657
For the interconnects I have a simple scientific question for you - what happens when two metals (e.g. gold and rhodium ) are in conract, and why it may not be good for any audio signal transmission?
It has something to do with the Pope drinking Gatorade messes with Texas, right? A Catholic in the presence of an electrolyte erases Galvelston? Or are we just talking about galvanic corrosion of two dissimilar metals when in electrical contact with each other? Which is one reason why gold is the connector of choice because it doesn't corrode, and rhodium an acceptable, though expensive, runner-up.

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #2,367 of 3,657
I had to read that reply about 4 times and I still love it. :k701smile:
Synergistic Research is a scammer and knows fully well he is selling fake products.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #2,368 of 3,657
What is has to do with is this, show me, show the world that cables don't make a difference with gear that works well with rolling cables, My LCD-3's are great to roll headphone cables, So are tbe HD-800's. My totally gone through SinglePower MPX3 with lundahl transformer is awesome to roll RCA IC's since ir has 2 inputs and you can switch back and forth to your hearts content to hear different Cables. Then the Sonnet Morpheus DAC I2S wirh Denafrips Iris DDC. We can roll I2S cables. Have a Cardas and a Phasure I2S cables. I have the gear to demonstrate my point. Not 4th quarter armchair quarterbacking like some of you guys here. Just because you quote or reference somebody elses work doesn't make it yours to prove a point. Until you do the actual work listening to gear with audiophile grade cables you will never know by experience. Blue Jeans cables, canare star quad wire with nuetrik connectors, monoprice, or any other engineer grade cables don't count. They are for enineers in their studios, not for audio. I most of you are too cheap and lazy to go audition cables and learn how to impliment them successfully in your rigs. Where are the threads of demostrations proving Nordost or Synergistic Research cables dont work. I have them in my system and live with them day in and day out. Show me your actual proof rhat you guys actually did rhe work to find out??

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #2,369 of 3,657
What is has to do with is this, show me, show the world that cables don't make a difference with gear that works well with rolling cables, My LCD-3's are great to roll headphone cables, So are tbe HD-800's. My totally gone through SinglePower MPX3 with lundahl transformer is awesome to roll RCA IC's since ir has 2 inputs and you can switch back and forth to your hearts content to hear different Cables. Then the Sonnet Morpheus DAC I2S wirh Denafrips Iris DDC. We can roll I2S cables. Have a Cardas and a Phasure I2S cables. I have the gear to demonstrate my point. Not 4th quarter armchair quarterbacking like some of you guys here. Just because you quote or reference somebody elses work doesn't make it yours to prove a point. Until you do the actual work listening to gear with audiophile grade cables you will never know by experience. Blue Jeans cables, canare star quad wire with nuetrik connectors, monoprice, or any other engineer grade cables don't count. They are for enineers in their studios, not for audio. I most of you are too cheap and lazy to go audition cables and learn how to impliment them successfully in your rigs. Where are the threads of demostrations proving Nordost or Synergistic Research cables dont work. I have them in my system and live with them day in and day out. Show me your actual proof rhat you guys actually did rhe work to find out??

LOL. Audio doesn’t matter for engineers, recording studios, and artists when the music is recorded, but does matter when that same music is played back at home? Every time I think your position can’t get any less logical...

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,370 of 3,657
It feels similar as if we should prove that the Earth is not flat to you. Whatever you subjective impressions are, the scientific fact remain the truth despite your subjective opinion :)

You did not bother to answer a simple scientific question addressed to you.
It speaks louder than your bully-like pretense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back