How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #2,371 of 3,657
What is has to do with is this, show me, show the world that cables don't make a difference with gear that works well with rolling cables, My LCD-3's are great to roll headphone cables, So are tbe HD-800's. My totally gone through SinglePower MPX3 with lundahl transformer is awesome to roll RCA IC's since ir has 2 inputs and you can switch back and forth to your hearts content to hear different Cables. Then the Sonnet Morpheus DAC I2S wirh Denafrips Iris DDC. We can roll I2S cables. Have a Cardas and a Phasure I2S cables. I have the gear to demonstrate my point. Not 4th quarter armchair quarterbacking like some of you guys here. Just because you quote or reference somebody elses work doesn't make it yours to prove a point. Until you do the actual work listening to gear with audiophile grade cables you will never know by experience. Blue Jeans cables, canare star quad wire with nuetrik connectors, monoprice, or any other engineer grade cables don't count. They are for enineers in their studios, not for audio. I most of you are too cheap and lazy to go audition cables and learn how to impliment them successfully in your rigs. Where are the threads of demostrations proving Nordost or Synergistic Research cables dont work. I have them in my system and live with them day in and day out. Show me your actual proof rhat you guys actually did rhe work to find out??
Actually, it is you who has to provide evidence, not us. Cables do not make any difference, that’s the null hypothesis, your work is to provide that this is not the case.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #2,372 of 3,657
Actually, it is you who has to provide evidence, not us. Cables do not make any difference, that’s the null hypothesis, your work is to provide that this is not the case.
Wasting breath on him. He will always hear a difference because he has to justify all he has spent and truly believes the marketing hype and its. Will never do a proper double blind test or proper measurements, and doesn't understand the science being audio, electricity, and metallurgy.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #2,373 of 3,657
What is has to do with is this, show me, show the world that cables don't make a difference with gear that works well with rolling cables, My LCD-3's are great to roll headphone cables, So are tbe HD-800's. My totally gone through SinglePower MPX3 with lundahl transformer is awesome to roll RCA IC's since ir has 2 inputs and you can switch back and forth to your hearts content to hear different Cables. Then the Sonnet Morpheus DAC I2S wirh Denafrips Iris DDC. We can roll I2S cables. Have a Cardas and a Phasure I2S cables. I have the gear to demonstrate my point. Not 4th quarter armchair quarterbacking like some of you guys here. Just because you quote or reference somebody elses work doesn't make it yours to prove a point. Until you do the actual work listening to gear with audiophile grade cables you will never know by experience. Blue Jeans cables, canare star quad wire with nuetrik connectors, monoprice, or any other engineer grade cables don't count. They are for enineers in their studios, not for audio. I most of you are too cheap and lazy to go audition cables and learn how to impliment them successfully in your rigs. Where are the threads of demostrations proving Nordost or Synergistic Research cables dont work. I have them in my system and live with them day in and day out. Show me your actual proof rhat you guys actually did rhe work to find out??

You have the burden of proving your cables make any difference not the other way around. Good luck and godspeed.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2,374 of 3,657
As long as a cable is free from manufacturing defects and is designed to do the job it is doing, one cable sounds as good as any other. You can't improve beyond perfect transmission of the signal. Transparent is transparent. You can chalk up any subjective impressions to placebo and expectation bias.

The concept that cables used by engineers are not for audio is laughable. If this isn't trolling, it's Dunning-Kruger.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #2,375 of 3,657
This being the Sound Science part of Head-Fi I naively assumed the "Science" part implied at least some minimal effort at experimentation since experiments are such a huge part of science. Apparently that's not the case at all.
So far the only one doing any experimenting seems to be BIG POPPA while the remainder seem to be content to regurgitate their mis-guided beliefs with nothing of value to offer.
I can't believe I was stupid enough to get sucked into posting here.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,376 of 3,657
This being the Sound Science part of Head-Fi I naively assumed the "Science" part implied at least some minimal effort at experimentation since experiments are such a huge part of science. Apparently that's not the case at all.
So far the only one doing any experimenting seems to be BIG POPPA while the remainder seem to be content to regurgitate their mis-guided beliefs with nothing of value to offer.
As most of us have done a crap load of experimenting and measurements in the past and even been replies by engineers in here who are far more experienced than you or even myself. It's not how you think it is. I'd venture most of the people posting have experminted. @bigpoppa isnt experimenting. He is not doing any tests scientifically. He is just trying to throw around how much he spends and how everything sounds different without ant scientific proof. Your brain and ears will tell you whatever you want to believe. Its not until you do proper double blind tests your eyes and brain biases are removed. When your theories and ideas do not follow science, it's up to you to prove science is wrong, and not just by saying it does nor listening with full biases.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,377 of 3,657
Sorry to disappoint you, I have 25+ cables (love their convenience and visuals for IEMs), did the measurements and know when it matters and why. I just do not like to be sucked in by pretentious not substantiated claims.

Just the stupid claims seem to fit to stupid people, I am sorry to conclude based on my clear experimental evidence demonstrated in this thread.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,378 of 3,657
He has to come up with the experiments to prove his arguments. We do not. Not only that, he disregards proper scientific experiment design by just “arranging a meeting”, no control groups, no definition of variables, no peer review, not even a theoretical reason of why should we be doing this in the first place. Not only that, we do not have to prove anything since we are in the null hypothesis position, and this position has evidence backing it up (even if we personally didn’t collect it still valid).

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #2,379 of 3,657
Sorry to disappoint you, I have 25+ cables (love their convenience and visuals for IEMs), did the measurements and know when it matters and why. I just do not like to be sucked in by pretentious not substantiated claims.

Just the stupid claims seem to fit to stupid people, I am sorry to conclude based on my clear experimental evidence demonstrated in this thread.
Sounds like a classic case of expectation bias to me. 😵

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,380 of 3,657
Norne Audio Headphone Cable Frequency Response Measurements.png
Norne Audio Headphone Cable Acoustic Frequency Response Measurements.png

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #2,381 of 3,657
And?
That's your idea of irrefutable proof? Did you listen to all 4 cables and hear no difference? If yes what was the point of going any further? If you did hear a difference and obtained those measurements then you have only proved your measurements showed no difference. That's about as relevant as weighing each cable and basing your conclusions on the differences in weights.
I find it impossible to believe that after all this rigorous experimenting with so many different cables by so many different people that there wasn't at least 1 case where a difference was heard.

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #2,382 of 3,657
And?
That's your idea of irrefutable proof? Did you listen to all 4 cables and hear no difference? If yes what was the point of going any further? If you did hear a difference and obtained those measurements then you have only proved your measurements showed no difference. That's about as relevant as weighing each cable and basing your conclusions on the differences in weights.
I find it impossible to believe that after all this rigorous experimenting with so many different cables by so many different people that there wasn't at least 1 case where a difference was heard.
Ok show us your cables and measurements. Show us what tests you have conducted scientifically.

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #2,383 of 3,657
And?
Look at the vertical axis. You know what scale he is measuring in? Do you think a human ear can even detect the small inconsistencies in the measurements (bass region of first graph). Do you think you need ears to evaluate this kind of differences? You don’t need flaws human ears when an analyzer that can hear thousands of times better than us doesn’t find any noticeable difference.

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #2,384 of 3,657
And?

Think about it.....if you EQ the bass up by 3db or more you can hear it and it would show up in the FR graph. Yet all 4 cables have the same FR and people will say this cable is "warmer" than that when there is literally no change to the measurements or what you hear.....this is irrefutable proof and you are just arguing placebo that YOU perceive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back