How come girls aren't into Spiderman?
Jun 24, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #16 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
If I'm at a party and I start talking to a chick, it can be great and casual. Then I'll bring up the topic of Spiderman and discuss it. Later, I seem kinda invisable and she moves on with her friends. I don't understand. Spiderman is an attractive male with a good physique and great personality and so naturally you would think that girls go crazy over him right?

(the bangraman sits in a minimalist room on a straw mat. There is a tea set in front of him. He strokes his beard contemplatively. Etherial shakuhachi music plays in background. He seems to float a little in the air)

Rittle Glasshopper, risten carefurry. Talking about gleat guy does not entail you are gleat guy. Talking rong time about gleat guy in dodgy Spandex mean more you are boring ****.

Instead, become gleat guy. Get better conversation, leed more books, deverop more wide-langing hobby, do sports, hang out with different people. If that fail, rook for ladioactive spider.

Jun 24, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #17 of 83
Spiderman 2 is one of the greatest movies. In a way, it's a great love story disguised as a superhero movie. If women were to give this movie a chance they will see that Spiderman is really a wonderful love story with deep inner human conflicts. It touches the soul. It's heart breaking yet beautiful. This movie is deeper than many people think. Women should know the truth about Spiderman.

Here's a good indepth review of Spiderman 2.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...406300301/1023

Jun 24, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #19 of 83
Quote:

Spiderman 2 is one of the greatest movies. In a way, it's a great love story disguised as a superhero movie. If women were to give this movie a chance they will see that Spiderman is really a wonderful love story with deep inner human conflicts. It touches the soul. It's heart breaking yet beautiful. This movie is deeper than many people think. Women should know the truth about Spiderman.

Here's a good indepth review of Spiderman 2.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...406300301/1023

May be because when a person hears Spiderman, 1st thing that comes to their mind is comic book, and as we all know comic book = geek

Jun 25, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #21 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
gay-spider-man.gif

Look at the picture. If you still need to ask why, I can't help you.

...men in tights
rolleyes.gif

Jun 25, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #22 of 83
Believe it or not
evil_smiley.gif
, comic book characters aren't the only topics women find unattractive. Other serious turn-offs include: Star Trek, anime, computer hardware, heavy politics, model airplanes, and gadgets in general including headphones. I'm generalizing of course (I did date a woman who was heavily into politics and LOTR), but in general it's good to stay away from these kinds of topics at least for the first while. Half of the problem is that many of these topics are not social, and the other half of the problem is that the types of people stereotypically involved in these areas are not the types of people they want to hang around with (geeky, poor social skills, obese, etc.).

I agree with Bangraman. Become a more well-rounded person, show that you're passionate about some unique topic, get involved in activities that broaden your social networks and develop usable social capital. For instance, knowing the guys at the comic book store is nice, but the social capital involved in that relationship is limited. In contrast, being a member of a group like the Kiwanis or the Masons or a local recreational sports team exposes you to both social events and a network of people that can help you with various things -- much more valuable social capital.

Jun 25, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 83
Quote:

If I'm at a party and I start talking to a chick, it can be great and casual. Then I'll bring up the topic of Spiderman and discuss it. Later, I seem kinda invisable and she moves on with her friends. I don't understand. Spiderman is an attractive male with a good physique and great personality and so naturally you would think that girls go crazy over him right?

Firstly, take the word "chick" out of your vocabulary. Women are looking for men, they think comics are for boys. Not agreeing or disagreeing, but if you want to make a good impression, and maybe get the young lady to go out on a date with you, talk about things that women are interested in. Later after you have her interest (at least 2 weeks) you can bring up Spiderman and other similar topics. Try the safe topics at first like travel or career goals.

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #24 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
Become a more well-rounded person, show that you're passionate about some unique topic, get involved in activities that broaden your social networks and develop usable social capital. For instance, knowing the guys at the comic book store is nice, but the social capital involved in that relationship is limited. In contrast, being a member of a group like the Kiwanis or the Masons or a local recreational sports team exposes you to both social events and a network of people that can help you with various things -- much more valuable social capital.

Or you can just be good looking.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #26 of 83
A Head-Fier invariably has more money than the average person.

So freely tell the chicks you have money, they'll come in droves to suck your bank accounts dry faster than any audio equipment would!

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #28 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
A Head-Fier invariably has more money than the average person.

Nope, we just eat less food.

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #30 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
So you're a member of Team Ramen then?

I said less, not cheap.

(although, most of my meals do come from the frozen food aisle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back