How come girls aren't into Spiderman?
Jun 30, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #76 of 83
OK...I wasn't going to weigh in on this, but I just couldn't resist.

I often tell my coworkers about the stuff that I run into as a moderator on this website. I showed some of them the first post in this thread, and here is a sample of the responses:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Male Coworker #1
I find it hard to believe this guy was AT a party with girls, much less talking to them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Female Coworker #1
Is this for real?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Male Coworker #2
Spiderman huh? Better to try "getting girls through hypnotism"...I'll bet there's an ad in one of his Spiderman comic books.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Female Coworker #2
Spiderman...yeah, that REALLY does it for me
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Female Coworker #3
No comment...just walks away, shaking her head and laughing

I don't mean to pick on you, but I do think that this really does look like a job for Captain Obvious.

When meeting a woman (note that I didn't say "girl") for the first time, remember that the first impression (whatever your intentions) is very important. If you start talking about ANYTHING that's not interesting (or at least a common interest), you're going to lose her attention in a hurry. Some things (as we've learned) are clearly worse than others.

Talking about things that only interest YOU will make you seem like a shallow, narcissistic boob...and she's surely known enough of them in her days. Now, you need to be aware that some things may seem very interesting to you, but cause her eyes to glaze over. Hard as this may be to believe, I'm thinking comic book superheroes rank high on that list. Right or wrong, women associate comic books with boys. Women are not interested in boys.

Talk about things that she's interested in...or at the very least, things that she might know nothing about that might seem interesting to her. Grown up things...

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #77 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24
No, no misinterpretation here Luckybaer, I was just joking
biggrin.gif
I've only lived here in MO for two years and the people haven't been so bad. Then again, these past two years have seen me become sort of a recluse so that could explain it.
rolleyes.gif

I, too, notice that I am not as socially active as I used to be. Is this a function of my own personality, or is it a function of my environment? *shrugs*

Spend some time in Clayton or Chesterfield, and you'll see where I was going with my comments. LOL.

Jun 30, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #79 of 83
i know kirosia has been needing that custom title for awhile, however, the capt. obvious reference is priceless......

btw, im actually glad that mine was deleted due to bannage, although it was totally unique in headfidome.

Jul 3, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #81 of 83
This thread is very interesting.

Let's see, I'm a "chick", I like Spiderman (& Spider-man) and I collect comic books (only the very early ones).

Not all girls (women) are the same, IMO.

Jul 3, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #82 of 83
I don't know how to answer this question but you should be posting it in a forum that's 98% female, not 98% male like here. As for where can you find a forum that's 98% female, please refer to a thread I started before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back