hotaudio40 's amps
Apr 30, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #751 of 771
While I myself use a Hotaudio product (Hotaudio Mark IV) I don't quite agree on his pricing.

The fluctuations are a bit too much to stomach. I mean the DAC Extacy was selling for about $400 some time back. Now within a few months its become $99 ?

What will the people who bought it for $399 feel ?

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #752 of 771
It's $109 on his website and ebay store as far as I can tell.

but yeah I know what you mean, that guy is a weirdo. I still might get it if it's $99 with correct RCA channels (and free worldwide shipping, like it says on his website).

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #754 of 771
^^ Great. Still we should also consider the fact that he does make good sounding products and his customer service is pretty good from what I can gather. He offered to accept back the Mark IV from my friend who bought it purely because it hissed with his Denon 1001.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #755 of 771
I just got a DAC-Extasy from him and it was a painless transaction. Expect a 1-2 week delivery time because he ships out of Canada but he was nice and easy to work with. I wouldn't think twice of giving him more business.

May 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #757 of 771
The RCA connectors are switched on mine, yes.

May 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #759 of 771
Sound wise, I like it better for my SRH840 and UM3X. although mine has a few issue with my laptop. it sound really nice for my untrained ear. it is very powerful and you need a volume control or amp for it, else the hiss and crazily loud volume will kill your ear if plug your earphone straight into it. I do not know if something 300~600ohm but my SRH840 will produce volume that will penetrate my ear and my head without a volume control.

Jul 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #761 of 771
I recently got a pair of AD700's from the FS forum on this site, and am now looking for a DAC to bypass my laptop's onboard sound.

I'm thinking either the bitperfect dac/amp combo, or the extasy. Given the sound signature of the AD700's, which one would be a better choice? I will be using the headphones for gaming and music (metal and rock mostly). If I get the extasy, I might also add an inexpensive headphone amp later on, maybe something like the thunderbolt. I'd really appreciate any opinions regarding this, as the AD700's will be my first audiophile headphone when they arrive in 2-3 weeks :)

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #762 of 771

Quote:
I recently got a pair of AD700's from the FS forum on this site, and am now looking for a DAC to bypass my laptop's onboard sound.

I'm thinking either the bitperfect dac/amp combo, or the extasy. Given the sound signature of the AD700's, which one would be a better choice? I will be using the headphones for gaming and music (metal and rock mostly). If I get the extasy, I might also add an inexpensive headphone amp later on, maybe something like the thunderbolt. I'd really appreciate any opinions regarding this, as the AD700's will be my first audiophile headphone when they arrive in 2-3 weeks :)

I just received my AD700's Saturday and I have a DAC Destroyer. Got it for $60 shipped and it works great with these. I have it paired with a Fiio E5 for a small bass boost. The Destroyer is wayyy better than my laptops onboard card. I don't know much about the products you were looking at, however I'm sure if you ask Dave via email he will promptly respond to help. He answered all of my questions extremely fast and was a great help.

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #763 of 771
Has anyone listened to the Hotaudio DAC-WOW?  Or even better, has anyone been able to compare the WOW to the Extasy?

I've been reading through these posts in this thread as much as I can and haven't read anything about the WOW so my apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.

May 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #765 of 771
Just ordered a Bit Perfect from Dave/hotaudio after a correspondance with him where I sent him a number of emails with questions about my potential purchase - and he answered them all promptly and with a great deal of intelligent detail.  Am purchasing it as a portable upgrade to my MacBook Pro source audio and won't be able to judge its qualities for another week or two till it arrives - but simply based on Dave's wilingness to answer any and all of my questions, in a timely way, I have to go out on a limb and endorse him and his hotaudio product:  it's really nice (for a change) to buy something from the person who built it....who believes in it....and who's willing to talk to you about it.

Will report back later after it arrives and I get a chance to put it through its paces.

Miguel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back