Hot Girls on Trains, Radiohead, and iPods
Jul 22, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #46 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Aman, sorry to hear you didn't talk to her more. Some people say there's always next time or there are more fish in the sea, but time passes too fast to miss opportunities like this.

I've had people/girls ask me about my headphones while walking around the mall and streets. It helps to have a unique-looking one (Grado RS-1
rs1smile.gif
) and a friendly attitude.

Too true. Perhaps I should drag my SA1000's/SR60's and Spirt player with me all over the place, eh?
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 22, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #47 of 98
This reminds me of a girl I used to work with. She had the exact same taste in music and was interested in my MS-1 headphones I brought to work one day. I now have a different job.
That's it, I'm going to stop by my old workplace on the way home and talk to her.

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #48 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Man, please tell us your story with that girl doesn't end there.

Pfft, are you kidding? This is Head-fi...it always stops there.

Buncha wimps.
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #50 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
Update: Met the girl. She said I seemed much more confident and I have her number. We're going out tomorrow in fact.

Motto of the story: Never pass up an oppurtunity you might not get again.

Well what do you know?

Jul 23, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #51 of 98
Quote:

Update: Met the girl. She said I seemed much more confident and I have her number. We're going out tomorrow in fact.

Well you the man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #52 of 98
Quote:

hey
this is cool facts

Jul 23, 2005 at 8:18 AM Post #53 of 98
Quote:

Agreed, excellent advice (although I admit not following it as much as I'd like). Remember, you've gotta play Barry White through some DT770's (or 880's?) to win her heart
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 23, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #55 of 98
You guys crack me up
tongue.gif

I am mostly agreeing with kramer for now -- I agree that if I had actually gotten involved, I'd have kissed my hifi funds goodbye!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Bundee1: Actually, I just used to have a lot of time to myself to work out and I played a lot of sports -- back in high school. College comes along -- BAM! I gain twenty pounds. That's because I ate like a pig when I was in good shape and in good function - but now, the eating habits are the same and I only play tennis three days a week now. I went from 6 pack to manboobs!
biggrin.gif

Jam Master: Enjoy, bruddah.

Jul 23, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #56 of 98
Why didn't you talk to her?!?! dude the falling asleep bit on your arm was a total opener.... arghhh! I feel like *I* missed out, just by reading your story. Talk to her next time!

Jul 23, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #57 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
You guys crack me up
tongue.gif

I am mostly agreeing with kramer for now -- I agree that if I had actually gotten involved, I'd have kissed my hifi funds goodbye!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Or you could have done what brittany spears boyfriend did and just use all of her money. And then you could buy whatever you want.

Jul 24, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #58 of 98
That's an unfortunate story...I would've talked to her. That reminds me of this girl that used to sit next to me in an Art History class I took about a year ago. And I'm not just not talking about all the seats filled up with the exception of the one next to mine, but ALL the seats were empty in that row. Sometimes, I would catch her glancing at my notes and at me, but in the end I never did anything about it. She seemed like a great girl, though. Interesting sense of clothing style, clean skin, cool smile (whenever she would talk to her friends or whatever on her cell phone). And there were times she would fall asleep and her skin would kind of glow when there were bright colors emanating from the professor's slides. It was quite beautiful. Anyway, the message is the same, however: TALK TO HER! Even if you get the feeling she isn't interested, at least you're not left with the thought of what would happen if you actually did what you wanted to do.

Jul 24, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #59 of 98
I look at pictures of myself 6 years ago and cry. Ive also gained 20 lbs. When I first started my job I used to run up the stairs with 50lbs of merchandise in my arms. Now that Im in management, I dont have to move as much and the food around my job is crap. I already have a fiancee so that solves that, but when girls see our first picture together they do a double take at how skinny I was.

Jul 24, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #60 of 98
I don't think you guys understand the following situations:

1. The girl was asleep almost the entire time I rode the train with her
2. We talked for a little bit - but she was not interested in talking anymore the very instant she turned on her iPod again and closed her eyes. After all, I know how exhausting it could be for somebody to go on a NYC shopping binge.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

3. It was a "coming-home-from-work" train, and therefore it was very silent. To just start talking to her would have been an odd break in the atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back