Home theatre headphones
Sep 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Muskyhunter

Head-Fier
What do you all suggest for a set of wired headphones for home theatre use? I tried sennheiser wireless and don't like them, not enough for me.

So many options, my budget is $200 or so.

sennheiser hd598 and hd588.

I also am interested in audio technica ath-900a and ath-m50.

What would you choose??

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 8
Which Sennheiser wireless did you try? What about the sound quality did you not like? That could help people narrow their recommendations.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Rs160. I found it lacking in performance compared to my wired headphones!/

Lacking how? Less clarity? Not enough bass? If you can describe how it is lacking, then that will make it easier for someone to suggest headphones that make up for those deficiencies. 

And what's wrong with the wired headphones you already have? Are you looking for an upgrade over them in some way? 

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 8
Get a used Denon AH-D2000 from the sale forums here. I even prefer it to my HE-500 for watching movies at times. It's closed but has great soundstage, and the bass extension and impact is just perfect for action movies. My go to can for watching movies, also it's very relaxing late at night.

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 8
Well, wireless headphones performance doesn't compare to wired ones. I know how you feel. 

do you like bass? earth shaking bass, or just the appropriate amount? 

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 8
The sound has no depth and not rich like corded headphones. Bass was okay but voice clarity and crispness is more important for home theatre use to me.

I used a set of my travel Bose headphones and they worked okay. Just need something larger more comfortable and better surrounds and clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back