Home-Made IEMs
Apr 8, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #11,212 of 15,989
Now I understand what you mean. The phase shift is 0° for frequencies the filter lets pass completely and increases until the point where the filter lets nothing through. That limit is 90° for 1st order and 180° for 2nd order, but it's never reached in practise. I totally see why it makes sense to think about it the way you do.
Yes the limit is not reached but the phase shift of 45° for a 1st order is. Take a look at this picture, it shows that the phase shift of 45° is achieved at the corner/frequency which has only -3dB.
1586318864102.png

Edit: That's what you meant isn't it? :p should have read it a second time this early in the morning.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #11,214 of 15,989
Today i created MASM7 and... where is the bass?
Has anyone found bass in masm 7? :)

The sound is great, the stage is wide, everything is great. But bass is gone.
I have CIEM on GK-31732 and compared to MASM 7, they are just super bass.

Maybe I did something wrong? But I checked that all the drivers are working.

photo_2020-03-20 22.27.28.jpeg
check for air leak on each hole on the nozzle bro, even just a little leak will drastically reduce the bass. masm7 is quite tricky to seal it airtight.

and yah, bro, GK is super bassy compared to masm7. Masm7 is more like a controlled bass boost. Masm7 has a weird yet very nice quirk where the it feels like the bassline is really separated from any the other sound. At first it might feels like it lack bass due to its quirk.

Get the seal airtight, Drive it on hi-gain.

Apr 8, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #11,215 of 15,989
The knowles one looks like its an adapter just for one balanced armature driver - i'm aiming to measure assemblies of multiple drivers.
I tried with a resin from 3dresyns but didn't like the results, this latest test was with Dentona 3D Optiprint Guide 385. It's used to make dental surgical guides, figured I can't get safer than that! Bought it off amazon.
What printer did you use? Do you have a 385nm printer?

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #11,216 of 15,989
check for air leak on each hole on the nozzle bro, even just a little leak will drastically reduce the bass. masm7 is quite tricky to seal it airtight.

Bro, thanks for the advice.
I checked the 3D printed SLA printer and found leaks. Now I am waiting for the new ciem shells and will make them with tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back