Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Dec 27, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #601 of 4,067
  My order of the Level 2 has been delayed till February.
frown.gif
  I might order the Level 1 instead although, I suspect, it's not available too. The Jensens caps are the bottleneck. I bet the Holo factory is overwhelmed by the demand and there will be a long delay no matter what level you order, Jensen caps or not.

I'd suggest pulling your order and placing it elsewhere; I don't think Shenzen were ever authorized dealers for the thing and I'd be willing to wager your order will be perpetually delayed.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #602 of 4,067
I was wondering the same thing when I read that. Even though I own a pair of Paradigm Studio 100's the necessary equipment needed and room treatments are just too costly for 2 channel audio. Good luck finding reasonablely priced tube amps to drive towers not to mention things like room treatment. Home theater for the speakers, headphones for the music.

Room treatments can be made DIY pretty cheaply if you're handy. I used IKEA bookshelf sides, recycled denim insulation, cardboard, netting and canvas to make both reflection panels and corner bass traps. Cheers

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #604 of 4,067
  I assumed he ordered from Holo USA.

I went for the L2 and ordered from Shenzhen. I noticed that the L1 is back in stock at Kitsune. Shenzhen is out of stock of all models but will take orders. For the L2, the Jensen caps are the main cause of the delay.

Original post here; emphasis mine.

One of those "having an eidetic memory is often a curse" moments ...

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #608 of 4,067
  Original post here; emphasis mine.
One of those "having an eidetic memory is often a curse" moments ...

@Torq
Thanks, I totally missed that.

@rajacat 
From what I understand, the "Kitsune Tuned Edition" was only ever available through Holo USA…never Shenzhen. I also believe it was posted somewhere here that Holo pulled the Spring DAC distribution rights from Shenzen as well.. 
eek.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #609 of 4,067
  @rajacat 
From what I understand, the "Kitsune Tuned Edition" was only ever available through Holo USA…never Shenzhen. I also believe it was posted somewhere here that Holo pulled the Spring DAC distribution rights from Shenzen as well.. 
eek.gif

They can't "pull" something that was never there in the first place ... my understanding is that Shenzen were never authorized dealers for Holo Audio product.  I stand to be corrected there.

The "KTE" was definitely only available via Holo Audio USA/Kitsune Audio.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #610 of 4,067
  They can't "pull" something that was never there in the first place ... my understanding is that Shenzen were never authorized dealers for Holo Audio product.  I stand to be corrected there.

The "KTE" was definitely only available via Holo Audio USA/Kitsune Audio.

I thought they were an authorized dealer who just weren't living up to their agreements.  

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #611 of 4,067
Yes it's a Mapleshade Samson, cherry finish. Shelves are adjustable.

Very nice!!! I'm in the market to get a hifi rack. Problem is every one I find is crazy expensive or they don't ship to the USA. Nice setup!

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #612 of 4,067
  I thought they were an authorized dealer who just weren't living up to their agreements.  

Not that I'm aware of.

And if they are/were an authorized dealer, why were they misappropriating another dealer's artwork/product shots?

Number of dollars I'd entrust to any operation partaking in that kind of nonsense is: ZERO DOLLAH!

YMMV ...

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #613 of 4,067

Not that I'm aware of.

And if they are/were an authorized dealer, why were they misappropriating another dealer's artwork/product shots?

Number of dollars I'd entrust to any operation partaking in that kind of nonsense is: ZERO DOLLAH!

YMMV ...

Could very well be why.
Also something to do with their (Shenznen) pricing I believe. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back