1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by mtoc, Jun 2, 2016.
First

Back
111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
Next

Last
  1. tkcha
    If somebody have better system than other peoples. All those upgraded maybe magnifying abilities your system even further more than less system.

2. chaos215bar2
    Eh…. For USB, I’d call $5 cheap, $12 a good target, and $25 extravagant, but whatever works for you. You can certainly spend a whole lot more than $100 if you want to.

3. WNBC
    Yes, it’s all relative. There are cables that cost more than all the headphone equipment I have and a single cable costing $100 can cost more than all cables a single person might have by a large margin. Use whatever works for you.

4. nick77
    If your using a $12 cable on a $2500 DAC then good luck with that notion. I hope your able to try something that compliments the Holo Spring.

5. tkcha
    For me prejudice without actual test results is your loos. Open your mind and experienceing for between good to the great.

6. ZenErik
    implying you need a more expensive cable to complement an expensive DAC? But you can also get a much cheaper and still well made USB cable that complies with USB spec.

That said, I don’t mind paying a bit more for aesthetics at times.

chaos215bar2 likes this.
  7. SilverEars
    So basically your logic is, not expensive enough, so therefore, not good enough. Not really a logic or have anything reasonable in the statement. Just something to move to the side as a silly thought.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  8. nick77
    No im saying your leaving a lot on the table, you get what you pay for. Period!

9. tkcha
    Let me ask everybody I spend more money on music server, cables and footers than the DAC. Am I crazy or stupid ?
    Which my Aurender N100H is more expansive than DAC and my power cable and Intona, two usb cables and Isiacoustis Orea footers together more than DAC itself but now together all that my digital system can compete with much higher price point. For me everything is matter.

10. SilverEars
    I never had cables go bad on me besides wear over very very long period of time. Cheap to pricier(but, not scammy audiophile prices! I never pay that! I'm not a sucker!).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  11. arnaud Contributor
    I think you’re the perfect target for audio accessory manufacturers, that is all :).

12. tkcha
    That is good one or call me a sucker but Who cares. Everybody enjoy The music that is all about it.

13. gefski
    Nice Holo review in the May Stereophile!

dcguy73, T Bone and bimmer100 like this.
  14. bimmer100
    Thanks for the kind words! and also keeping this thread on track! :D

on another subject to those who are wondering if they have the XU208 module in their spring. check the Asio driver control panel.
    under the info section there is a Revision number. if it is greater than v20.00
    such as v20.16 or v21.12 are the two firmware for XU208 modules.

15. ahmadfaizadnan
    Have the opportunity to try Exogal Comet Plus for a week. After couple hours of listening, it competes well with Holo Spring Level 3. I still think that Spring LVL 3 has a smoother top end, better holographic and more analog sounding. Will update the comparison in a week.

First

Back
111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
Next

Last