Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Nov 3, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #1,651 of 4,067
Did anyone’s HoloAudio Control Panel driver break after installing the newest Windows updates?

I removed the ISO REGEN from the setup and it’s still not working...

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,653 of 4,067
No Windows issue here with latest update. My chain is in the sig and I'm using the ASIO driver that supports 512 DSD in JRiver.

Nov 3, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #1,654 of 4,067
Hey @bflat is see you have both the iGalvanic and iPurifier2. Have you tried both with the SU-1 and how much improvement (if any) did you hear with the iGalvanic?

I ask because I'm still using an iPurifier2 and, based on the accolades I've read, the SU-1 seems TOTL for USB interfaces. I'd considered moving up to the iGalvanic but it's 3x the price.

Nov 4, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #1,656 of 4,067
False call.
It was the ISO REGEN that broke.

When used in-between the SU-1, the SU-1 won’t detect. Well i’m kind of happy it happened. For awhile now I thought I’ve been hearing small pops but just told myself it was placebo.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #1,657 of 4,067
False call.

It was the ISO REGEN broke.
When used in-between the SU-1, the SU-1 won’t detect. Well i’m kind of happy it happened. For awhile now I thought I’ve been hearing small pops but just told myself it was placebo.

So what are you gonna do about it?

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,658 of 4,067
So what are you gonna do about it?

Return it to Uptone Audio and hopefully get another one that works. It’s hard to see my chain implementing another type of USB regenerator since I still need my computer for HQPlayer otherwise I would have gone the SOtM route like you.. :[

Nov 4, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #1,659 of 4,067
Return it to Uptone Audio and hopefully get another one that works. It’s hard to see my chain implementing another type of USB regenerator since I still need my computer for HQPlayer otherwise I would have gone the SOtM route like you.. :[

That Tx-USBultra looks tempting. And the iGalvanic 3.0 from iFi. I was at the Capital Audio Fest yesterday, and iFi had a nice booth there.

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,660 of 4,067
Hey @bflat is see you have both the iGalvanic and iPurifier2. Have you tried both with the SU-1 and how much improvement (if any) did you hear with the iGalvanic?

I ask because I'm still using an iPurifier2 and, based on the accolades I've read, the SU-1 seems TOTL for USB interfaces. I'd considered moving up to the iGalvanic but it's 3x the price.

No I have not used the iPurifier with the Holo DAC. I only use the DAC with the SU-1 with I2S output. I got the iGalvanic since the USB data input of the SU-1 does not have galvanic isolation. iPurifier would be redundant with the SU-1 since it is a reclocker and noise reduction. I do feel the iGalvanic added a lower noise floor to the SU-1.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #1,662 of 4,067
No I have not used the iPurifier with the Holo DAC. I only use the DAC with the SU-1 with I2S output. I got the iGalvanic since the USB data input of the SU-1 does not have galvanic isolation. iPurifier would be redundant with the SU-1 since it is a reclocker and noise reduction. I do feel the iGalvanic added a lower noise floor to the SU-1.

Did you compare the iGalvanic with ISO Regen?

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,663 of 4,067
Did you compare the iGalvanic with ISO Regen?

No I haven't. I'm sure the products are comparable. Both companies are well known for their noise cancelling technologies. I went with iFi because I have a lot of their products and found their technical support very responsive and thorough.

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #1,664 of 4,067
No I haven't. I'm sure the products are comparable. Both companies are well known for their noise cancelling technologies. I went with iFi because I have a lot of their products and found their technical support very responsive and thorough.

What does the iGalvanic adds to the sonic experience of level 3? I am thinking of improving my chain but not sure if the addition worth the extra dollars.

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #1,665 of 4,067
What does the iGalvanic adds to the sonic experience of level 3? I am thinking of improving my chain but not sure if the addition worth the extra dollars.

I made a couple additions simultaneously - SU-1 DDR mod and the iGalvanic. I thought both lowered the noise floor further and created an overall better separation of instruments. The difference is more evident listening to my Utopias but not so much with my TH900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back