HM-901
Dec 1, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,287 of 3,522
what's the difference between 2.001 and 2.002?
with 2.001 I can't really fault mine, so interested to hear of any changes.

The improvements and bug fixes are listed here:
http://bbs.hifiman.cn/thread-9054-1-1.html

1.开启了无缝播放功能 added gapless play
2.修复了第一次播放无法支持的文件导致机器重启的问题 fixed reset problem when playing unsupported files the very first time
3.修复了同一个艺术家下有多张专辑会显示混乱并导致重启的问题 fixed reset and display problem when there are multiple albums under one artist
4.修复了删除文件后有一定几率出现文件依然存在但是不能播放的问题 sometimes a file is deleted but still shown in the list, but can't play. This problem has been fixed
5.修复了自动关机计数器在播放状态仍然工作的问题 fixed the auto shut down problem (sometimes) when auto shut down is enabled

To me the best fix is the last point 'cause I had the problem on mine, and it's irritating 'cause I really liked to use the auto shut down feature (when not playing for a certain time). Mine would shut down randomly if I enabled this feature. But now it works fine. The hapless play is nice to have too.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #3,290 of 3,522
I sometimes have this freezing issue, especially with a 64 gb card. Removing battery would solve the problem. Including rwak240, 901 miniboxed is the best sounding dap I ever tried. However, its UI problems make me a bit crazy..

Glad to see that you are happy with the minibox card , you're right it is with a 64gb card . The balanced card is on the way , hope i'll receive soon . Thanks

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #3,291 of 3,522
Glad to see that you are happy with the minibox card , you're right it is with a 64gb card . The balanced card is on the way , hope i'll receive soon . Thanks

I tried it before :) My friend loaned his Minibox card to me. Balanced card is too powerful for Ciems. It is good for full size cans, as you have. I think you will get it tomorrow. Please share your impressions with a comparison between discrete and balanced.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #3,292 of 3,522
I'm still in question about how to go about using the 901 with my car stereo system for the best possible sound. I've searched for answers but probably haven't been going about it properly.

I used to use the usb connection with my iPod's LOD to bypass its crappy DAC to go through my stereo unit's 24-bit DAC, but why would I want to do that with the 901?

Would the best option be to use an aux. cable from the 901's headphone out to the stereo unit (aux. channel)? This option seems odd, being able to control volume from two sources.

Should I use a line out to 3.5 cable to the stereo unit (aux. channel), which would, again, not seem to be ideal?

Or should I do line out to rca?

I'd really appreciate any advice or suggestions, I've been at a loss about this for a couple of weeks and haven't been able to try any of these options since all but the usb connector are in the back of the stereo unit.

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #3,293 of 3,522
Best sounding option is to use LOD to RCA assuming your car stereo can take standard line level 2Vrms without distortion. This will bypass the amp section and makes use of HM-901 player/ DAC functions.

http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=172

If 2Vrms is too much for your amp, u will need to use the phone out and buy 3.5 trs to rca cable. It will not be the best sonic but it allows u to adjust the output level....

The standard ipc LOD line out level is under 1Vrms...if i am not mistaken...

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,294 of 3,522
Kind of a odd question but maybe someone can help me.

Assuming the AK100ii and HM-901 + stock card is the same price in my region, which would offer me the better sound quality?

I can of course upgrade to the minibox later on, but I don't have the funds for it now.

What do you guys think?

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #3,295 of 3,522

Assuming the AK100ii and HM-901 + stock card is the same price in my region, which would offer me the better sound quality?

I can of course upgrade to the minibox later on, but I don't have the funds for it now.

What do you guys think?

This may not be a direct answer to your question, but I have heard multiple opinions (around here, and amongst friends) that the 901 + balanced amp card being more favourable than the AK100 and 120. AK240 on the other hand comes down to personal preferences in sound characteristics. Bear in mind though the 901 UI is archaic compared to the AK's

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #3,296 of 3,522

What do you guys think?

901 + Minibox or Discrete is a bit ahead of the AK240 IMO. And miles ahead of the AK120. I have not heard the 100ii, but assume it is not as good as the 240?

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #3,298 of 3,522
  901 + Minibox or Discrete is a bit ahead of the AK240 IMO. And miles ahead of the AK120. I have not heard the 100ii, but assume it is not as good as the 240?

901 w/ balanced or discrete card is quite a bit better than AK240 when paired with full sized headphones like T5p, HD600, HD800 and etc, not to say the HD500/560. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back