HM-901
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #1,156 of 3,522
Quote:

For 334 mainly using 2, max 2.5 on high gain.   Tho I'm told I'm a low volume listener.  For reference I normally use 35 for 334 on AK120, 40 for RE400/W4R, and 45 for ER4S.

kkcc

Do you prefer in high gain? I found high gain, slightly too rich and overbearing...

By the way...how do I know the 901 is fully charged..does the green light go off on the charger? And how long does it usually take to charge?

Cheers

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #1,157 of 3,522
Quote:

kkcc

Do you prefer in high gain? I found high gain, slightly too rich and overbearing...

By the way...how do I know the 901 is fully charged..does the green light go off on the charger? And how long does it usually take to charge?

Cheers

Haven't made up my mind on high gain vs low gain for IEM.  Seems I like it only for orchestra and certain live recordings.  For studio recorded pop/rock/jazz I prefer low.  Haven't really settled on either yet tho.   Quoting the high gain setting for Lars's info mainly.

Yes, green light goes off.  Never really timed it but it is more than 4 hours.  I usually charge it when I'm done for the night listening and green light always turn off the next morning and it is fully charged.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,158 of 3,522
Quote:

Haven't made up my mind on high gain vs low gain for IEM.  Seems I like it only for orchestra and certain live recordings.  For studio recorded pop/rock/jazz I prefer low.  Haven't really settled on either yet tho.   Quoting the high gain setting for Lars's info mainly.

Yes, green light goes off.  Never really timed it but it is more than 4 hours.  I usually charge it when I'm done for the night listening and green light always turn off the next morning and it is fully charged.

Thanks buddy.......

I have never given it a full charge yet......just lots of 1-2 hours charges.....

The AK120 I use as usb dac alot so whenever I take out it is always full charge:)

Actually would love to use the 901 as a usb charge but is it right we need dock and where can we buy this dock?

Cheers

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #1,159 of 3,522
Quote:
Thanks buddy.......

I have never given it a full charge yet......just lots of 1-2 hours charges.....

The AK120 I use as usb dac alot so whenever I take out it is always full charge:)

Actually would love to use the 901 as a usb charge but is it right we need dock and where can we buy this dock?

Cheers

No idea on that dock's availability or even timeline.  Hifiman need a real product manager to properly plan their commercialization.  It's been really messed up if you ask me.  Really doesn't do justice to the sound of their products.

Sounds like you're also using it a lot on the go?  I skipped three meetings this afternoon to listened to it and the RE-600 LOL!  
size]

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #1,160 of 3,522
Quote:

For 334 mainly using 2, max 2.5 on high gain.   Tho I'm told I'm a low volume listener.  For reference I normally use 35 for 334 on AK120, 40 for RE400/W4R, and 45 for ER4S.

That's about the volume I listen to on the 1Plus2. But not sure if I'd call it low volume for the 334s? Yet not very high volume either. The 8As on the AK120 I'd generally listen to around mid 20s. Generally around 25 to 30 at most. I'd say the 334s are more sensitive than the 8As. Not by a whole lot but I'd probably listen to them at a slightly lower volume than the 8As.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #1,161 of 3,522
Quote:

That's about the volume I listen to on the 1Plus2. But not sure if I'd call it low volume for the 334s? Yet not very high volume either. The 8As on the AK120 I'd generally listen to around mid 20s. Generally around 25 to 30 at most. I'd say the 334s are more sensitive than the 8As. Not by a whole lot but I'd probably listen to them at a slightly lower volume than the 8As.

I don't really think I'm a low volume listener myself either, but often my fds would dismiss my impression/critique (e.g. when I prefer the 334 over Senn/AKG) becoz I'm using too low a volume and not using a proper amp (i'm the odd ball who don't go stacks amongst them)....

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #1,162 of 3,522
Quote:

No idea on that dock's availability or even timeline.  Hifiman need a real product manager to properly plan their commercialization.  It's been really messed up if you ask me.  Really doesn't do justice to the sound of their products.

Sounds like you're also using it a lot on the go?  I skipped three meetings this afternoon to listened to it and the RE-600 LOL!  
size]

Never used it on the go yet
size]

I will though!!!

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #1,163 of 3,522
Anyone knows the output power of the balanced amp?

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #1,164 of 3,522
Quote:

I don't really think I'm a low volume listener myself either, but often my fds would dismiss my impression/critique (e.g. when I prefer the 334 over Senn/AKG) becoz I'm using too low a volume and not using a proper amp (i'm the odd ball who don't go stacks amongst them)....

lol I can relate to this in some ways. Generally when I let people listen to my gear they really crank the volume up..... The last time I was selling a pair of MDR-7550s to a guy. I had the volume around 8 or 9 I think. He cranked it to over 17 on the Studio V.... That is super loud for me personally :p. While I do like to crank the volume up at times for general listening I like to listen at comfortable levels. I feel the IEM should be able to be used at both low volumes as well as higher volumes.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #1,166 of 3,522
@ spkrs01

Did you check how the HM-901 w/ balanced amp sounds with Miracle?

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #1,168 of 3,522
Depending on the song, usually between 2 and 3 on low gain, single-ended with the balance amp card. I have yet to balance my IEMs..

kkcc: how are the RE600's? Any early impressions?

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #1,169 of 3,522
Quote:
Depending on the song, usually between 2 and 3 on low gain, single-ended with the balance amp card. I have yet to balance my IEMs..

kkcc: how are the RE600's? Any early impressions?

WHY! YOU HAVEN'T ORDERED?!  go get a pair now silly..... you got 901 and balanced card forgodsakes RE-600 is MADE to pair with this combo man!!!  
size]
 ok ok haha I should calm down.  I think many shops have it for demo now?  Get a listen and may save you a few bucks buying balanced cable for your existing IEMs 
size]

Will post more impression after I got over my initial new toy excitment and did some minimal comparison.  But I will definitely keep them.

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #1,170 of 3,522
Yeah I know I really should but I am wary of hifiman's in-ears, bcos the last pair I had, the RE262, irritated my ear so I sold them as soon as I got them 
tongue.gif

Perhaps I should demo them later...

Quote:

WHY! YOU HAVEN'T ORDERED?!  go get a pair now silly..... you got 901 and balanced card forgodsakes RE-600 is MADE to pair with this combo man!!!  
size]
 ok ok haha I should calm down.  I think many shops have it for demo now?  Get a listen and may save you a few bucks buying balanced cable for your existing IEMs 
size]

Will post more impression after I got over my initial new toy excitment and did some minimal comparison.  But I will definitely keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back