HM-801 Standard Amplifier Module Op-amp Free Upgrade
Aug 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #46 of 99

Quote:
Just to clarify, I have the 2.0 card (i.e. the $30 upgrade amp), I was asking for comparisons between that and the GAME (designed for IEMs) amp. 

Also, is anyone else hearing a high pitched ringing noise whenever you pick up the HM-801 by the top (near the amp)?  Do you get this sound with the GAME amp too?

Nope with ST v2.0 card.  My HM-801 has worked flawlessly every since I got the updated power adapter which is A MUST!

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #47 of 99

Quote:

Nope with ST v2.0 card.  My HM-801 has worked flawlessly every since I got the updated power adapter which is A MUST!

Which headphones are you using with the HM-801?  I can hear the ringing with both my JH16s and IE8s.  And I have the 2.0 card.

Also, I didn't know the power adapter that is sold on the Head-Direct site is updated.  What's different about it from the stock power source?

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #49 of 99
I sent 30.00 via paypal and shipped my amp to newyork which cost 5.00 I received a v2.0 from china via usps.

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #51 of 99

Quote:
Which headphones are you using with the HM-801?  I can hear the ringing with both my JH16s and IE8s.  And I have the 2.0 card.

Also, I didn't know the power adapter that is sold on the Head-Direct site is updated.  What's different about it from the stock power source?

Let me try this again...first post didn't happen...

The newer power supply is this one:

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=88

My HM-801 would ring/hum while connected and playing music.  It was very bad.  Fang sent me this and its fixed.  Thanks Fang again for treating your customers right.

GAME module comes this week! :)

PS TF10s..  My JH16Ps are waiting on the JH3A which is not out till late Sept.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #52 of 99
mine is december 2009 batch machine~

no problem, ring or hiss at all ~ wrap around the whole machine with my palm still no problem at all ! all goes well. havent face any problem other Headfi-er complain about so far.

though for mine, i prefer PO than LO

UPDATE: i m really not quite sure now after few days of listening ~ i m listening to LO now only because i posted my Amp card back for upgrade , initial impression was that i prefer PO as i felt it is better than LO ? but now i really cant tell as i feel LO is very good too lol

seriously dont tell me that LO needs run-in as well ? i mean that would be superstitious to me since wouldnt LO and PO were both run-in at the same time when ever i use 801 ?? or instead each jack needs run-in individually ??

i guess the only way to find out is when i finally receive my upgraded 801 amp card and do a comparison :)

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #53 of 99
Hey, I need some help.  Hopefully, someone out there has an idea.  I took the amp card out of my HM-801 and sent it in for the upgrade.  As soon as i did, I noticed that the unit wouldn't turn on, not to use, obviously, but to check charge.  I figured it needed the amp card in order to charge and power on, so I waited until the new card arrived.  It arrived today.  I put it it, but still no power.  Am I doing something wrong?  It was left charging while I waited for the replacement.  Should I wait longer, or is there a problem here?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Steve, in New York
PS  It worked fine before I removed the old amp card.

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #54 of 99

Quote:
Hey, I need some help.  Hopefully, someone out there has an idea.  I took the amp card out of my HM-801 and sent it in for the upgrade.  As soon as i did, I noticed that the unit wouldn't turn on, not to use, obviously, but to check charge.  I figured it needed the amp card in order to charge and power on, so I waited until the new card arrived.  It arrived today.  I put it it, but still no power.  Am I doing something wrong?  It was left charging while I waited for the replacement.  Should I wait longer, or is there a problem here?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Steve, in New York
PS  It worked fine before I removed the old amp card.

Does the unit turn on if it's connected to the AC-charger with no battery?  Sometimes it takes a few seconds of pushing the power button to kick in the boot cycle.  Your battery may have been completely discharged while sitting there connected to the circuit.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #57 of 99
Just got my ST v2.0.  Comparing it to the GAME (and the ST v1.0 from memory) I think this is my new favorite amp.  I can go loud enough with my JH-13's to pass the channel imbalance and the bass seems a bit punchier. 

Good job Fang.  Now.. lets continue with gapless work on Firmware 20 eh?

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #58 of 99

Quote:
Just got my ST v2.0.  Comparing it to the GAME (and the ST v1.0 from memory) I think this is my new favorite amp.  I can go loud enough with my JH-13's to pass the channel imbalance and the bass seems a bit punchier. 

Good job Fang.  Now.. lets continue with gapless work on Firmware 20 eh?

Continue to listen....I think you will go back to the GAME vs ST v2.0 (I had v2.0 with the unit since day 1 and the GAME is an improvement IMO).

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #60 of 99

$30 = Free???
Price payed for this = $800

eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back